|Date||Saturday, October 8, 2016.|
|Online Media||Game Center: Live Stats | Video
Loyola Prepares To Host Lehigh
- The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team hosts Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 8 at Ridley Athletic Complex. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
Loyola Quick Hits (5-3-3, 1-1-2)
- Loyola is currently 5-3-3, 1-1-2 in Patriot League play, marking it’s best start to a season under head coach Naomi Meiburger, who is in her third year as head coach of the Greyhounds.
- Jourdan Ziff gained a Patriot League Player of the Week honorable mention nod from the League this week for her performances against American and Boston University. This is the second week in a row she has received recognition in the weekly honor roll.
- The Greyhounds dropped their first Patriot League match of the season against Boston University last Saturday, losing 1-0 in a double-overtime contest. The loss was the Greyhounds’ third of the season, but they have yet to lose a game by more than one goal.
- Four of the last five matches have resulted in double-overtime periods for the Greyhounds, and six of their 11 games this season have gone into double-overtime. Loyola is 1-1-3 in games that go into extra minutes.
About Lehigh (8-3-1, 2-2-0)
- The Mountain Hawks were picked to finish seventh in the Patriot League Preseason Poll. They finished the 2015 season 7-8-3 and 2-5-2 in league play.
- Lehigh dropped a match against Princeton on Tuesday night, 1-0. The Mountain Hawks’ most recent win was a 1-0 shutout against Army West Point.
- Lehigh has earned nine Patriot League weekly honors so far this season, the most of any team in the league. They have been awarded honors in five our of the seven weeks of play and six different Mountain Hawks are on the list. Freshman Sam Miller has earned three, Rookie of the Week twice and Goalkeeper once. Juniors Adrian Vitello and Riporti have picked up two awards and one award, respectively, Vitello grabbing two Midfielder of the Week honors and Riporti a Defensive Player of the Week. Pantaleo, Sidonie Warnecker and Clare Severe have also picked up league honors, the most recent being Severe, who earned Defensive Player of the Week in the sixth week of play.
Series Against The Mountain Hawks
- A series that began in 1995, the Greyhounds lead the Mountain Hawks 3-2-1.
- The Greyhounds shutout the Mountain Hawks, 2-0, in the first two meetings in 1995 and 1996.
- The two sides wouldn’t meet for another 10 years, when Lehigh traveled to Baltimore on October 3, 2006. The Greyhounds defeated the Mountain Hawks, 4-1.
- In their first Patriot League matchup in 2013, the Mountain Hawks topped the Greyhounds, 2-1, and in the 2014 season, the two teams played to a scoreless draw at Ridley Athletic Complex.
- Lehigh came out with the win last season, a 2-1 victory at the Mountain Hawks home field.
- Loyola will head to New York to face Army West Point on Saturday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m.