ROAD TRIP TO ARMY WEST POINT FOR GREYHOUNDS
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team heads to Army West Point to face the Black Knights on Saturday, Oct. 15. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
LOYOLA QUICK HITS (5-3-4, 1-1-3)
• Loyola is currently 5-3-4, 1-1-3 in Patriot League play, which marks it’s best start to a season under head coach Naomi Meiburger, who is in her third year as head coach of the Greyhounds.
• Nicole Wahlig received an honorable mention nod from the Patriot League weekly honor roll this week for her performance in the team’s draw with Lehigh. This is the second time this season she has been credited by the Patriot League in the honor roll, once before in the second week of play, when she was named Defensive Player of the Week for the third time in her career.
• Five of the last six matches have resulted in double-overtime periods for the Greyhounds, and six of their games this season have gone into double-overtime. Loyola is 1-1-3 in games that go into extra minutes this season.
ABOUT ARMY WEST POINT (3-8-2, 1-2-2)
• So far this season, Army West Point has charted wins over Hofstra, Lafayette, and Farleigh Dickinson. The Black Knights’ largest margin of victory was a 4-1 win over Farleigh Dickinson, the four goals being scored by three different players.
• The last time out for the Black Knights was on Sunday, where they charted a 1-1 draw with American. Clare Shea had the equalizer for Army West Point.
• The Black Knights were picked to finish sixth in the Patriot League preseason poll. Last season they finished in eighth place in the league.
• Army West Point has earned two Patriot League weekly honors so far this season, in the fourth and fifth weeks of play. In week four, Nicole Bautista was awarded Rookie of the Week honors after her strong performance against Hofstra. In week five, Shea recieved a Midfielder of the Week nod, her first league honor of her career.
SERIES AGAINST THE BLACK KNIGHTS
• Loyola and Army West Point are tied in the series with a 1-1-1 record.
• The Greyhounds charted their first win over the Black Knights last season, a 1-0 victory at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The two teams did not meet until 2013 when the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League.
• In their first meeting, the Greyhounds and Black Knights played to a 1-1 double-overtime draw. The following year, Army West Point defeated Loyola, 1-0.
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE GREYHOUNDS
• Loyola charted their fourth draw of the season last Saturday evening, a scoreless match against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks. • Wahlig led in shots with three, followed by Mia Sardella with two.
• Freshman Lily Andres played all 110 minutes in goal for the Greyhounds, ending the night with two saves.
• Loyola will host Bucknell in a midweek matchup on Wednesday, Oct. 19, at Ridley Athletic Complex. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.