|Date||Saturday, October 18, 2014|
|Location||Annapolis, Maryland | Wesley Brown Field House|
|Getting There||Directions, Parking, Shuttle Bus & USNA Access Information|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
- The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will play a single match this week for the first time all year, taking on the U.S. Naval Academy Saturday, Oct. 18, in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Following the game, Loyola will have played every Patriot League team once this season.
Lukas in The Last Five
- Jane Lukas has been the Greyhounds’ top hitter for five-straight matches and put up numbers well above her career averages in those contests. Starting with the Oct. 3 match at College of the Holy Cross, Lukas has logged at least 10 kills in each of the matches and had 13 or more in three.
- During the five-game stretch, Lukas has averaged 4.33 kills per set, totaling 65, while hitting .222 from the outside. She also has stepped up her defense, averaging 2.2 digs per set in the same time span.
- The solid play has raised her season average to 3.04 kills per set, and she leads Loyola with 204 total kills.
- As a freshman in 2013, Lukas finished the season with 176 total kills in 95 sets while averaging 1.85 per. She has also raised her hitting percentage by nearly 50 points this year.
Duzey’s Last Five Weeks
- Micah Duzey became the team’s primary libero just over five weeks ago and has raised the level of her defensive play accordingly.
- In the Greyhounds’ last 12 matches, dating back to a Sept. 12 contest against the University of Tennessee, Duzey has posted nine contests with 10 or more digs, averaging 3.95 per set.
- Four times during that stretch, Duzey has posted 16 or more digs in three-set matches.
- This year, the sophomore leads Loyola with 3.16 digs per set and 212 overall.