|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Friday, September. 25, 2015|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pa. | Grace Hall|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Date||Saturday, September 26, 2015|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Patriot League Play Begins
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball opens its third season in the Patriot League on Friday, Sept. 26, when it travels to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for a 7 o’clock match against Lehigh University.
- The Greyhounds stay in the Lehigh Valley for a 2 p.m. contest on the following day at Lafayette College.
Cichosz Consistently Performing
- Molly Cichosz was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Delaware Invitational last weekend after leading the Greyhounds with 36 kills (3.0 per set) in the three matches. She also posted 18 digs (1.50) and was in on eight total blocks (0.67).
- She followed that performance with a 15-kill, 8-dig night at George Washington University on Tuesday in a four-set outing.
- This season, Cichosz has posted 174 kills through 15 matches (58 sets). Her 3.0 kills per set are tied with Stacey Kazalas for tops on the team, and the duo is tied for sixth in the Patriot League. Cichosz is also Loyola’s top blocking outside hitter averaging 0.52 per set.
- While her kills per set are down from last year (3.0 in 2015, 3.33 in 2014) due to Loyola’s increased production at other positions, Cichosz is hitting at a more efficient percentage (.157 up from .129), and her digs (1.29-0.68) and blocks (0.52-0.35) per set have also seen significant increases.
- Cichosz has posted 11 or more kills in nine of the Greyhounds’ last 10 matches with her only non-double-figure match coming Friday, Sept. 18, when she had eight against the University of Delaware.
Other Row Of The Rotation
- On the other row of Loyola’s front-court rotation, Stacey Kazalas has significantly upped her production from last year. She had 13 kills at George Washington to raise her season total to 174 (3.0/set) through 15 matches. The sophomore is also averaging 2.36 digs per set, the No. 3 mark on the team.
- Kazalas has far eclipsed her freshman-year totals when she posted 118 kills (1.62/set) in 23 matches and 73 sets. She is hitting .152 this year compared to .078 in 2014, and her she already has 137 digs as opposed to 92 as a freshman.
- Cichosz and Kazalas have delivered near identical numbers through 15 matches with the same number of kills (174) and errors (90). Kazalas has taken 19 more attempts.