|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Reitz Arena|
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Thursday, September 25, 2014|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Patriot League Network Video|
|Date||Sunday, September 28, 2014|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
- Loyola University Maryland opens Patriot League action this weekend with a pair of matches against Lehigh University and Lafayette College.
- The Greyhounds host the Mountain Hawks Thursday, Sept. 25, at 7 p.m. in Reitz Arena prior to the Leopards’ visit Sunday, Sept. 28, at 2 p.m.
- The matches mark the start of the Greyhounds’ second year of play in the Patriot League after the school became an official League member in July 2013.
Patriot League Network
- Loyola’s match against Lehigh on Thursday night will air live and free of charge on the Patriot League Network. Fans can tune in to http://loyo.la/PLN-VB to watch the game.
Good Strides Made
- Two weeks after being swept in three sets by Saint Francis (Pennsylvania) University, the Greyhounds turned the tables on Saturday against the Red Flash. Jane Lukas, Mindy Maloney and Stacey Kazalas combined for 38 kills, and Loyola beat Saint Francis, 25-23, 25-21, 25-22.
- Loyola hit .215 in the second meeting compared to .104 in the first and limited Saint Francis to .118 after the Red Flash swung at a .263 clip Sept. 6.
Maloney Shows Form
- After being hampered by an injury, although she did not miss a set, Mindy Maloney was back in top form at last weekend’s Red Flash Classic, hitting .346 while averaging 3.11 kills per set. The solid weekend helped Maloney raise her season averages to .250 and 2.33.
- In Loyola’s wins this season, Maloney is averaging 3.38 kills per set while hitting .438.
Kazalas Gaining More Time
- After posting 14 kills in the season-opening match against Coppin State University at the La Salle Invitational, freshman Stacey Kazalas did not have more than five kills in the next five matches, and she had 14 or more attempts just once in that stretch.
- She later posted 14 kills on Sept. 9 versus Howard University and 10 on Sept. 12 against the University of Tennessee.
- In last weekend’s three matches at the Red Flash Classic, Kazalas posted her first back-to-back matches with 10 or more kills, logging at least 11 in all three matches.