|Opponent||George Washington Colonials|
|Date||Tuesday, September 22, 2015|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Smith Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Last Patriot League Tuneup
- Loyola University Maryland wraps up its 2015 regular-season non-conference schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 21, when it travels to Washington, D.C., to face George Washington University in a 7 o’clock match.
- It will be the first meeting between the teams since the Colonials visited Reitz Arena on Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011, and defeated the Greyhounds in three sets.
Cichosz Earns All-Tournament Recognition
- Molly Cichosz was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Delaware Invitational last weekend after leading the Greyhounds with 36 kills (3.0 per set) in the three matches.She also posted 18 digs (1.50) and was in on eight total blocks (0.67).
- This season, Cichosz has posted 159 kills through 14 matches (159 sets). Her 2.94 kills per set are second on the team and seventh in the Patriot League. She is also Loyola’s top blocking outside hitter averaging 0.52 per set.
- While her kills per set are down from last year (2.94 in 2015, 3.33 in 2014) due to Loyola’s increased production at other positions, Cichosz is hitting at a more efficient percentage (.148 up from .129), and her digs (1.24-0.68) and blocks (0.52-0.35) per set have also seen significant increases.
- Cichosz has posted 11 or more kills in eight of the Greyhounds’ last nine matches with her only non-double-figure match coming Friday, Sept. 18, when she had eight against the University of Delaware.
On The Defensive End
- Micah Duzey has shown similar consistency and output as the Greyhounds’ libero this season. She leads Loyola with 190 digs, an average of 3.58 per set. Her per-set average ranks fourth in the Patriot League and is up from last year when she paced the team with 3.36 per set.
- Duzey has checked in with double-figure digs numbers in 10 of Loyola’s 14 matches.
In The Middle Of Things