|Date||Tuesday, September 13, 2016|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Burr Gymnasium|
Trip To D.C.
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball plays its final midweek match of the season on Tuesday, Sept. 13, when it makes a short trip down Interstate 95 to Washington, D.C.
- The Greyhounds will face Howard University in a 7 p.m. match at the Bison’s Burr Gymnasium.
A Look Back
- Loyola bounced back Friday evening from a three-set loss to the University of Connecticut earlier in the day to defeat Saint Francis Brooklyn College in four. The Greyhounds, however, then lost in the Dog Pound Challenge finale to Yale University.
Twenty-Plus In Two
- Ann Ernst has established herself as a strong offensive presence early in her collegiate career. Through seven matches and 24 sets, the freshman from Chicago is second in the Patriot League with 4.38 kills per set, a total of 105.
- Ernst has three matches with 23 or more kills thus far as a freshman, logging 24 against Akron University and 23 each in contests against George Washington University and Saint Francis Brooklyn College.
- In addition to leading the team in kills, she is also third in digs per set (1.92).
Lukas Makes Debut
- Senior Jane Lukas made her season debut last Tuesday night against George Washington and wrapped up the night with seven kills and an equal amount of digs despite not playing the first set-and-a-half of action.
- Lukas, who was second in the Patriot League in kills per set (3.25) as a sophomore, missed all but the last seven matches of 2015 with an injury.
From The Middle
- Sophomore Haley Puddy had her best match of the young season on Saturday against Yale, logging seven kills with just one error in only 12 swings. Her .500 hitting percentage was her highest in a match this season.