|Opponent||Saint Francis Red Flash|
|Date||Tuesday, September 8, 2015|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
- Loyola University Maryland returns to Reitz Arena for its second home match of the 2015 season on Tuesday, Sept. 8, against Saint Francis (Pennsylvania) University. First set is slated for 7 o’clock.
Back In The Win Column
- After falling in its first two matches of last weekend’s HPU Classic sponsored by Hampton Inn to Georgia State University and host High Point University, Loyola rallied to close the tournament with a four-set win over South Carolina State.
- The Greyhounds’ victory was its second in four matches and they have matched last season’s win total in just seven contests.
- Loyola has hit .249 in its two victories, attacking at a .257 clip against Howard University and .243 against the Bulldogs. Meanwhile, the Greyhounds held those opponents to a combined .142 mark. Loyola also has averaged eight blocks and 53 digs in the wins.
Cichosz Sets Season-High
- Molly Cichosz put away a season-best 18 kills Saturday afternoon in the Greyhounds’ win over South Carolina State, doing so with just three hitting errors in 41 chances. Her .366 hitting percentage was a career-high, as well. She had eight of her kills in the fourth set.
- In Loyola’s pair of victories this year, Cichosz has hit .325 with 32 kills (4.25 per set). She has also finished with three blocks in both of the matches.
Werts Earns All-Tournament Honors
- Freshman setter Molly Werts was named to the HPU Classic All-Tournament team, marking the second time in as many weekends that a Loyola first-year player has been so honored (Haley Puddy at Robert Morris Invitational).
- Werts finished the three matches with 97 assists, averaging 8.82 per set. She was also second on the team with 30 digs (2.73 per set), and she had six kills in Saturday’s win.
Kazalas Leads In Kills
- Stacey Kazalas has posted team-high 79 kills (3.16 per set) through seven matches this season, up from last season when she finished averaging 1.62 kills per set. She has posted 10 or more kills in five of seven matches, and her digs per set are up to 2.32 from 1.26 a year ago.