Sept. 22, 2011
|Opponent||La Salle Explorers|
|Date||Friday, September 23, 2011|
|Location||Philadelphia, Pa. | McCarthy Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Game Notes||American/La Salle Game Notes|
- The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team wraps-up its non-conference schedule on Friday night as the Greyhounds travel to Philadelphia, Pa., for a 7 p.m. match with La Salle.
- The Greyhounds are coming off losses to No. 18 Wake Forest and No. 25 Virginia Tech at the Hokie Invitational on Sept. 9-11.
- Of Loyola’s eight nonconference matches, four have come against teams currently ranked in the NSCAA top 25 Coaches’ Poll (No. 3 Maryland, No. 18 Wake Forest, No. 23 Boston University and No. 25 Virginia Tech).
- Sophomore keeper Didi Haracic enters the week ranked third in the MAAC in saves with 56 this season.
Scouting the Explorers
- The Explorers are 6-0-1 through their first seven games and have yet to give up a goal this season, outscoring opponents 13-0.
- Keeper Melissa Sanger is the all-time leader in shutouts at La Salle after recording her 17th against Cornell on Tuesday
- Sanger is one of just four goalkeepers in the nation to boast a 0.00 goals against average and a perfect save percentage.
- The 6-0-1 record is the best start in team history for the Explorers.
- Kelsey Haycook leads the team with six goals in seven games, while Renee Washington is second on the team with four goals.
Series with La Salle
- La Salle and Loyola have met three times in the history of the two programs, with the Explorers holding a 2-0-1 advantage.
- The teams met last season and played to a, 1-1, draw on Sept. 12, 2010. Nichole Schiro scored Loyola’s lone goal in the 40th minute on an assist from Kelly Farrell.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds notched a, 1-0, win over American on Wednesday night at Ridley Athletic Complex.
- Sophomore Katelyn McFadden scored her first career goal in the 32nd minute off an assist from Gigi Mangione that proved to be the difference in the contest.
- Keeper Didi Haracic also recorded her first career shutout.
- The Greyounds open MAAC conference play at home when they host Rider on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m.