|Date||Tuesday, September 20, 2016|
|Location||West Long Branch, N.J. | Hesse Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Loyola Faces Monmouth In Midweek Matchup
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team prepares to travel to West Long Branch, N.J. to face Monmouth on Tuesday, Sept. 20 in a game that was rescheduled from Sept. 9. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
Loyola Quick Hits (3-2-2, 0-0-1)
• The Greyhounds have charted the best start to a season under coach Naomi Meiburger and the best since 2012, where they were 3-2-2 through the first seven games.
• The last time out for Loyola was on Saturday against Lafayette in the first Patriot League matchup of the season. The game ended in a 1-1 draw, Loyola’s lone goal scored by freshman Casey McKenzie, the first of her career. The goal was assisted by sophomore Mia Sardella, her third assist of the season.
• In four weeks of play the Greyhounds have earned two Patriot League weekly honors. Julianna Cabrera was named Offensive Player of the week on Aug. 22 and Nicole Wahlig grabbed the Defensive Player of the Week on Aug. 29.
• Six of eight Loyola goals this season have come from set pieces.
• Loyola looks to chart its first victory over Monmouth, a 0-4-0 series that began in 1994.
About Monmouth (N.J.) (3-3-1, 1-0-0)
• Monmouth claimed its first conference win of the season in the MAAC opening game against Marist on Saturday. The Hawks are now 1-0-0 in conference play.
• The Hawks, three-time defending Metro Athlantic Athletic Conference regular season champions, were picked to claim the top spot in the conference again this year.
• Senior forward Alexis McTamney was named the MAAC Preseason Player of the Year, the first player to recieve the honor in program history, while fellow senior Julie Spracklin was named to the Preseason All-MAAC Team.
• The Hawks had two players named to the All-MAAC Honor Roll last week, redshirt freshman Madie Gibson as Defensive Player of the Week and freshman goalkeeper Amanda Knaub as Rookie of the Week.
• Knaub earned her second and third career clean sheets last weekend in the teams pair of shutouts. She now has three shutouts in four starts this season (2-1-1) and has not allowed a goal in 268:52 consecutive minutes.
Series Against The Hawks
• Loyola and Monmouth have played just three times since the Greyhounds inaugural season in 1994. This will mark the second matchup between the two teams since 1995, the most recent being last season.
• The Greyhounds are looking for their first win against the Hawks.
• Last season the Hounds fell 2-0 to the Hawks, making the series record 0-3-0.
• In the series debut, Monmouth traveled to Baltimore in 1994 and earned a 2-0 victory. The following year, the two programs met once again, this time at the Lehigh Invitational in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The Hawks shutout Loyola, 4-0, on September 3, 1995.
• Loyola will host Navy on Saturday, Sept. 24. The match is scheduled for a 7 p.m. start and is the first game in Patriot League play that the Greyhounds will host at Ridley Athletic Complex.