Sept. 16, 2013
|Opponent||George Mason Patriots|
|Date||Tuesday, September 17, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
Last Time Out
• Loyola fell to La Salle, 4-0, on Sunday, Sept. 15, in Philadelphia. The Explorers are ranked second in the NSCAA Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Didi Haracic recorded six saves on the Explorers’ 22 shots.
• The last time the Greyhounds gave up four or more goals occurred last season in the NCAA College Cup, as the Duke Blue Devils shutout Loyola, 6-0.
Scouting the Patriots
• For the second game in a row, Loyola will face an Atlantic 10 conference member in the George Mason Patriots.
• George Mason is 2-3-1 entering Tuesday night’s contest, after winning the last matchup, 3-0, versus Old Dominion last week.
• Liz Hodges leads the way with two goals and four points, while Jazmin Cardoso has one goal and one assist.
• In 397 minutes, Lyndse Hokanson has posted a 1.58 GAA and 0.73 save percentage
Series with George Mason
• Tuesday’s matchup versus the Patriots will mark the first meeting between George Mason and Loyola.
• Women’s soccer will become the first team in Loyola history to compete in Patriot League competition, as the Greyhounds welcome the Crusadors of Holy Cross College. Loyola will host the inaugural league match on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 1 p.m.