Sept. 14, 2013
|Opponent||La Salle Explorers|
|Date||Sunday, September 15, 2013|
|Location||Philadelphia | McCarthy Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped to 1-3-1 after falling to the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 1-0, on Friday, Sept. 13.
• The Hawks’ Mo Hawkins scored the lone goal in the 22nd minute, firing a left footed shot just past the hands of senior Didi Haracic .
• Saint Joseph’s outshot the Greyhounds 11-10, while Loyola held a 5-4 advantage in corner kicks.
• The back line of Kelly Santangelo , Rosy Hayes , Morgan Crable and Riley Piechnick held the Hawks scoreless for the final 68 minutes of action.
Scouting the Explorers
• La Salle is coming off a three-game win streak, with its latest victory at Villanova, 1-0, on Thursday evening.
• Kelsey Haycook leads the way with four goals and ten points, while Anna Dolhansky has two goals and two assists.
• In 270 minutes, goalkeeper Katie Getzinger has posted a 2.33 GAA and 0.68 save percentage.
Series with La Salle
• The Explorers are unbeaten when playing Loyola over the past five matches.
• The Greyhounds and Explorers will meet for their fourth-consecutive matchup on Sunday afternoon.
• Last season, La Salle shutout Loyola, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex on September 14, 2012.
• The Explorers scored twice in the first half, whle Loyola’s best opportunity to put points on the board came in the 51st minute. Brittany Yancey bent a corner toward the far post. Nichole Schiro met the ball and sent a high header toward the goal, but it deflected off the cross bar to Katelyn McFadden about 10 yards out. McFadden spun and flicked the rebound backwards, but it was blocked by an Explorer defender to preserve Pakhigian’s shutout.
• Loyola returns to Ridley Athletic Complex on Tuesday, Sept. 17, to take on the George Mason Patriots at 7 p.m.