May 8, 2013
|Opponent||High Point Panthers|
|Date||Friday, May 10, 2013|
|Location||Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Fetzer Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• The Greyhounds are making their 16th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
• Loyola holds an all-time record of 13-15 in tournament games.
• Against this year’s tournament field, the Greyhounds hold wins over No. 7 seed Penn State, Towson, Notre Dame and Connecticut.
Loyola Greyhounds (10-8, 6-2 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds earned a bid to the NCAA Championships for the third-straight year under head coach Jen Adams, and for the 16th time in program history.
• Midfielders Marlee Paton and Taryn VanThof lead Loyola this year, as Paton has tallied a team-best 35 goals and 56 points to go with 47 ground balls and 33 caused turnovers, and VanThof leads the team with 68 draw controls.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is giving up 9.87 goals per game and has stopped 115 shots.
High Point Panthers (10-8, 6-1 Big South)
• The Panthers are led by Big South Defensive Player of the Year and Big South Tournament MVP Jasmine Jordan.
• Mackenzie Carroll leads the team with 55 points on 31 goals and 24 assists, while Alec Perry has scored in every game for a team-best 37 goals.
• Grace Gaeng is High Points all-time leading scorer with 109 goals and 191 points. She also has a program-best 108 draw controls.
• In goal, Anna Wallingford has posted a 10.18 goals-against average and is stopping 38.5 percent of shots faced.
• Panthers assistant coach Ana Heneberry is a former Greyhound All-American defender, leading Loyola to back-to-back BIG EAST titles and two-straight NCAA quarterfinal apperances.
• Heneberry graduated in 2012 with 122 caused turnovers, just the third player in program history to reach 100.
Series vs. The Panthers
• This will be the first meeting between Loyola and High Point in women’s lacrosse.
• The winner will advance to face No. 3 seed North Carolina Sunday at 1 p.m.