|Opponent||Navy Midshipmen | Patriot League Tournament Central|
|Date||Sunday, May 8, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Patriot League Championships
• Loyola captured its third-straight Patriot League regular season title with a win at Lafayette on Saturday, April 23 and will be playing for its third-straight tournament title.
• The Greyhounds have won all 25 regular season Patriot League games they’ve played in since joining the League for the 2014 season, including going 9-0 this year.
• Loyola has also won all five tournament games it has played, while Sunday will be a rematch of last season’s Patriot League Tournament title game.
• Head coach Jen Adams will face Navy head coach Cindy Timchal, Adams’ head coach at Maryland, on Sunday. As Terrapins, Adams and Timchal won four-straight NCAA titles.
• To advance to the championship game, the top-seeded Greyhounds defeated fourth-seed Lehigh, 13-8, while second-seeded Navy beat No. 3 seed Boston University, 10-7.
• Sophomore Frankie Kamely tied a tournament-record with seven goals in Loyola’s semifinal win over the Mountain Hawks.
Loyola Greyhounds (13-5, 9-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola is playing for its 13th conference championship in program history, its fifth conference title in the last six years, including third-straight Patriot League title, and sixth-straight NCAA Championships berth.
• The Greyhounds are anchored by their defense, as senior Maddy Lesher leads the Patriot League in both ground balls and caused turnovers. Her 57 ground balls ranks tied for fourth in the NCAA, while her 47 caused turnovers is third nationally.
• In goal, senior Molly Wolf is ranked sixth nationally in save percentage (.527), 17th in saves, with 145, and is 25th in goal-against average, giving up just 8.19 per contest.
• Offensively, senior Maddy Blakeman leads the team with 36 goals and 56 points, while freshman Hannah Powers is second with 52 points on 31 goals and a team-best 21 assists. Powers’ 21 assists ranks third at Loyola among all Greyhounds in their freshman season, while nationally, she’s tied for the fifth most among all freshmen. She’s also the seventh-ranked freshman in the NCAA in points per game.
Navy MIdshipmen (13-5, 7-2 Patriot League)
• Jenna Collins, the Patriot League Midfield Player of the Year, leads Navy with 44 goals, 21 assists and 65 points, while All-Patriot League First Team attacker Katie Gallagher is second with 46 points (30g, 16a).
• Molly Doyle and Lizzy Rullan lead the defense with 37 ground balls.
• In goal, Ingrid Boyum has played 1063 minutes, posting an 8.30 goals-against average and a .454 save percentage to go with 122 saves.
• Loyola and Navy will meet for a fifth time on Sunday and for the second time this season.
• The Greyhounds are undefeated against the Midshipmen, winning all three regular-season games and last year’s Patriot League Tournament title game.
• This will be the fourth time the two programs have faced at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The winner will earn the Patriot League’s automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.