|Date||Sunday, April 26, 2015|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. |Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
· Loyola will play for its second Patriot League title in its second year in the league.
· The winner of the game will earn the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Championships. Loyola's playing for its fifth-straight tournament appearance.
· The Greyhounds won their second-straight Patriot League regular-season title with an unblemished 8-0 record in conference play.
· The Greyhounds are in the midst of their 12th 10-plus-game win streak in program history, winning 12-straight games to mark the second-longest active streak in the nation. It's also the second-straight year Loyola has strung together a stretch of at least 10-consecutive victories.
· Loyola owns the Patriot League's longest win streak in league games, winning 16-straight.
· At home, the Greyhounds have won their last six-straight games.
· The Greyhounds enter the game ranked 16th nationally in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
Things To Know
· Loyola won the regular-season Patriot League title with its second-straight 8-0 record in conference games.
· Senior Annie Thomas (offensive), redshirt senior Taryn VanThof (midfield) and junior Maddy Lesher (defensive) picked up player of the year honors from the Patriot League.
· Senior Hannah Schmitt joined the trio on the All-Patriot League first team, as an attacker, while classmate Kara Burke (attack), sophomore Bailey Mathis (midfield) and junior Molly Wolf (goalkeeper) were named to the second team.
· Burke was named the Corvias Patriot League Scholar-Athlete of the Year, while Mathis joined her on the Academic All-Patriot League Team.
· Thomas broke the program's 10-year-old career record for assists and she's four shy of tying Erika Mawhorr's single-season record of 46 from 1993.
· Among the NCAA leaders, Thomas is third with 43 assists and tied for ninth with 72 points.
· With 48 goals this year, Burke is tied for 16th nationally, while Schmitt (45g) is tied for 22nd.
· Wolf is also ranked 13th nationall with a 7.66 GAA and sixth with a .500 save percentage.
· Burke (116 goals), Schmitt (159g), Thomas (133g) and VanThof (103g) all have 100 career goals, marking the first time Loyola has had four players with at least 100 goals on its roster.
Loyola Greyhounds (13-4, 8-0 Patriot League)
· Annie Thomas leads the offense with 43 assists and 72 points, while Kara Burke (48g, 13a) is second with 61 points and Hannah Schmitt (45g, 14a) is third with 59 points.
· Maddy Lesher leads all field players with 37 ground balls and 22 caused turnovers.
· In goal, Molly Wolf is giving up 7.66 goals per game and has 125 saves.
Navy Midshipmen (14-4, 6-2 Patriot League)
· Loren Generi leads Navy with 50 goals, 27 assists, 77 points and 129 draw controls.
· In goal, Annie Foky has a 7.04 GAA and a .443 save percentage to go with 94 saves.
Series vs. Navy
· The two squads met for the first time last season, with Loyola claiming the 11-6 win in Baltimore.
· Last week, Loyola claimed the outright regular-season title with a 14-4 win at Navy.
· Senior Kara Burke scored four goals, while classmate Annie Thomas dished out five assists and junior Molly Wolf stopped 12 shots, as the Greyhounds handed Navy a 14-4 loss on Saturday, April 18 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
· The 12 saves were a season-high for Wolf, while Thomas dished out five assists and added one goal while being face-guarded.
· The Greyhounds will close out the regular season next Saturday when it hosts Syracuse at 1 p.m.
· Loyola's 11-member senior class will be honored prior to start of the game as a part of Senior Day.