April 21, 2010
|Opponent||Villanova Wildcats (7-6, 0-5 BIG EAST)|
|Date & Opening Draw||April 24, 2010 | 1 p.m. ET|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes As PDF File|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Video Streaming||Click Here|
- The 13th ranked Loyola Greyhounds (10-5, 4-2 BIG EAST) hosts Villanova (7-6, 0-5 BIG EAST) in the final home game of the 2010 season. Loyola will honor seniors Emily Gibson, Tara Gardner, Christian Carr, Kaitlyn Fuller and captain Courtney Burhans prior to the game.
- At halftime, the Greyhounds will honor the 1990 women's larosse team, who was the first-ever team at Loyola to reach an NCAA Final Four.
In The Polls
- The Greyhounds remained in 13th in the IWLCA Coaches Poll and dropped one spot to 14th in the deBeer Inside Lacrosse Media Poll.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds defeated UConn, 13-9 Sunday, April 18 as Grace Gavin matched her career-highs in goals (7) and total points (8). Helen McCutcheon and Mary Heneberry also had two goals apiece for the Hounds. Kerry Stoothoff made five saves in 46 minutes in net for Loyola.
- Villanova fell, 18-3 at Syracuse on Sunday as Rachel Lasda netted a pair of goals. Erica Rybinski had the other goal for the Wildcats, while Maggie Langan had eight saves in the loss.
- Loyola has never faced Villanova before. This is the first time this season the Greyhounds played a team for the first time.
The 2010 Loyola Greyhounds
- Grace Gavin leads the attack with 53 goals, 18 assists and 71 points. Emily Gibson is second offensively with 29 goals and 42 points. Cara Filippelli and Mary Heneberry both have 21 goals, while Abby Rehfuss (18), Meg Decker (16) and Caroline Hager (12) round out the scoring leaders.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Kerry Stoothoff is third in the BIG EAST with a 9.02 GAA, .510 save percentage and fifth with 8.53 saves per game.
- Ana Heneberry leads the team with 35 ground balls, while Emily Gibson and Abby Rehfuss both have 33. Rehfuss also leads the team with 40 draw controls.
- Loyola is 3rd in the nation with 12.73 caused turnovers per game.
- Loyola takes on the Georgetown Hoyas in the 2010 regular season finale, Wednesday, April 28 at 7:00 pm. Opening draw from Georgetown is at 7 pm and will be televised on Verizon FiOS in the Washington area.
- The matchup with the Hoyas will be the 600th game in Loyola history.