April 17, 2013
|Date||Friday, April 19, 2013|
|Location||Villanova, Pennsylvania | Villanova Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||Rutgers Scarlet Knights|
|Date||Sunday, April 21, 2013|
|Location||Piscataway, New Jersey | RU Stadium Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Loyola Greyhounds (7-6, 3-1 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 2-0 weekend in which they handed No. 6 Notre Dame its first loss of the season, a 14-13 double-overtime contest, Friday night. Loyola followed that up on Sunday with a 17-2 win at Marquette.
• Junior Marlee Paton scored a career-high five goals vs. the Fighting Irish, while sophomore Hannah Schmitt scored the game winner in the sudden-death overtime period. Sophomore Kara Burke and Paton also had overtime goals.
• Paton leads the Greyhounds with 37 points on 22 goals and a team-best 15 assists, while Schmitt and senior Joanna Dalton lead the way with 24 goals each.
• Paton also leads the defense with 28 ground balls and 18 ground balls.
• Junior Taryn VanThof heads the team with 50 draw controls.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf is allowing 9.68 goals per game, while stopping 36.9 percent of shots faced.
National Honors For Schmitt
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt earned WomensLax.com National Player of the Week honors on April 15 after scoring the game-winning goal in double-overtime at No. 6 Notre Dame.
• Schmitt finished the game with a season-high five points on three goals and two assists.
• The loss was the first for Notre Dame this year.
BIG EAST Honor #3 - Paton
• Junior Marlee Paton was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week on April 15.
• Paton scored a career-high five goals and added two assists for a season-high seven points in a double-overtime win over previously undefeated and sixth-ranked Notre Dame on Friday.
• Paton won her career-high sixth draw control in the first overtime period and ran straight to goal for the score, tying the game at 13 and securing double-overtime for the Greyhounds.
• Against Marquette on Sunday, she added one goal and two assists in a 17-2 win.
Villanova Wildcats (5-7, 0-4 BIG EAST)
• The Wildcats enter Friday’s contest looking for their first conference win.
• Jessica Mucci leads the attack with 43 points on 12 goals and a team-high 31 assists, while Jackie Froccaro has a team-best 28 goals.
• Amanda Hirschfeld has won a team-high 25 ground balls and Shawna Guist leads the way with 33 draw controls and 10 caused turnovers.
• In goals, Hirschfeld is allowing 9.73 goals-against average and is stopping 47.5 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. Villanova
• The Greyhounds are undefeated in the all-time series against the Wildcats.
• Loyola is 3-0 versus Villanova, winning 17-15 in 2010, 16-6 in 2011, and 20-9 in 2012.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (9-4, 1-3 BIG EAST)
• Rutgers is coming off its first BIG EAST win, a 9-6 victory over Villanova on Saturday.
• Katrina Martinelli leads the team with 38 points on a team-best 29 goals and nine assists.
• Hollie DiMuro has a team-best 33 ground balls and 22 casued turnovers, while Megan Clements has won 23 draw controls.
• As a team, Rutgers ranks third in the BIG EAST with 17.15 ground-balls per game and second with 10.38 caused turnovers per outing.
• The Scarlet Knights are also leading the league in goals-against average, as Lily Kalata is giving up a league-best 7.00 goals per game.
Series vs. Rutgers
• Loyola holds a slim 4-3 lead over Rutgers, as the Greyhounds have won the last three.
• In Baltimore, Loyola is 3-1, winning the first meeting, 17-10, in 2006, before falling 14-13 in 2008. The Greyhounds rebounded for a 15-6 win in 2011 and a win at home last year in 2012.
• Loyola will return home to host Syracuse and Connecticut in the final weekend of the regular season.