April 13, 2010
|Opponent||#8 Syracuse Orange (7-4, 2-1 BIG EAST)|
|Date & Opening Draw||April 16, 2010 | 6 p.m. ET|
|Location||Syracuse, N.Y. | Carrier Dome|
|Opponent||Connecticut Huskies (7-5, 0-3 BIG EAST)|
|Date & Opening Draw||April 18, 2010 | 1 p.m. ET|
|Location||Storrs, Conn. | Joseph J. Marrone Stadium|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes As PDF File|
|Syracuse Live Stats||Click Here|
|Syracuse Audio/Video||Click Here|
|Connecticut Live Stats||Click Here|
|Connecticut Audio/Video||Click Here|
- The Greyhounds travel to the Carrier Dome to take on Syracuse Friday, April 16.
- Two days later features a pair of sisters going head-to-head as Loyola's Ashley Moulton takes on big sister and Connecticut goalkeeper Jenna Moulton Sunday, April 18.
In The Polls
- The Greyhounds remained 13th in the deBeer Inside Lacrosse Media Poll and are 13th in the IWLCA Poll as well.
- Syracuse dropped to tenth in the Media Poll and eighth in the IWLCA poll.
Last Time Out
- The `Hounds rebounded from a loss to defeat Louisville, 17-10 on the road in a pivotal conference matchup. Grace Gavin and Emily Gibson both recorded five goals and Caroline Hager added a career-high four points on a career-best four assists.
- Syracuse fell to nationally ranked Notre Dame, 6-5 over the weekend. Tegan Brown led the Orange with three points on a goal and two assists. Tee Ladoucer was the only other player to record two points as Christina Dove was held to one assist. Liz Hogan made 10 saves.
- M.E. Lapham and Katie Devaney scored for UConn in its 11-2 loss to Syracuse over the weekend. Jenna Moulton made eight saves in the loss. The Huskies host Villanova on Friday, two days prior to hosting the Greyhounds.
- Loyola is 3-4 all-time against Syracuse and 1-3 since joining the BIG EAST in 2006.
- The Greyhounds own a 3-1 series lead over Connecticut, including wins in the last two games.
The 2010 Loyola Greyhounds
- Grace Gavin leads the attack with 42 goals, 16 assists and 58 points. Emily Gibson is second offensively with 27 goals and 38 points. Cara Filippelli is third on the team with 20 goals, while Mary Heneberry has 18, Abby Rehfuss has 17 and Meg Decker has 15.
- Sophomore netminder Kerry Stoothoff leads the BIG EAST with a 8.85 GAA, while her .529 save percentage is second and 8.90 saves per game are third.
- Rehfuss leads the team with 31 ground balls, while Ana Heneberry has 30. Rehfuss also leads the team with 34 draw controls, while Gavin has 26, and Gibson and Decker have 23.
- Ana Heneberry leads the team with 27 caused turnovers, while Gibson has 26. Ashley Moulton has 18 and Filippelli has 17 for the BIG EAST leader in caused turnovers.
- Loyola is ranked third in the nation with 13.08 caused turnovers per game behind #20 William & Mary and #4 Duke.
- Loyola hosts first-year BIG EAST women's lacrosse member Villanova on Senior Day on Saturday, April 24 at 1:00 pm. Loyola's 1990 NCAA Final Four team will be honored on the field at halftime.