|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, April 9, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Things To Know
• Loyola is in its 44th season of women’s lacrosse competition.
• Head coach Jen Adams recorded her 100th win on Saturday, March 19 vs. Navy.
• Loyola graduated 88 percent of its scoring from a year ago (373 of 424 points), including 85.6 percent of its goals (243 of 284) and 93 percent of its assists (130 of 140).
• With 17 goals last year, senior Maddy Blakeman is the team’s top returner scorer.
• Defensively, the Greyhounds boast a pair of ILWomen Preseason All-Americans. Senior Maddy Lesher was one of five defenders named to the Preseason All-America First Team, while senior Molly Wolf was included as the Preseason All-America Second Team goalkeeper, coming in behind only UNC’s Caylee Waters, the first-team selection.
• Lesher was also named to the Tewaaraton Award Watch List for a second-straight year.
• Wolf, Lesher and junior defender Bailey Mathis were voted to the 12-member Preseason All-Patriot League Team, while Loyola, undefeated in Patriot League games, was picked as the favorite in the Preseason Poll for a third-straight year.
• Wolf recorded her 500th save in a 7-6 win over No. 8 UVa to become the sixth Greyhound in program history to reach the plateau and just the third since the turn of the century. She’s currently ranked fifth on Loyola’s career record board for saves with 547.
• Nine Greyhounds have made their first career start this season.
• Loyola’s 10-member freshman class was ranked ninth nationally by ILWomen.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-5, 4-0 Patriot League)
• The Greyhounds are the only undefeated team in the Patriot League.
• Freshman Hannah Powers , a four-time Corvias Patriot League Rookie of the Week this year, is the second-ranked freshman in the NCAA in assists, dishing out a team-best 15, while she’s also the third-ranked freshman in the nation with a team-best 34 points.
• Senior Maddy Blakeman is one point back of Powers and has a team-best 22 goals and 11 assists. Redshirt freshman Sabrina Tabasso (15g, 11a) and sophomore Frankie Kamely (21g, 2a) are third and fourth with 26 and 23 points, respectively.
• Senior Maddy Lesher leads the Patriot League and ranks third in the NCAA with 3.73 ground balls and is sixth nationally with 2.64 caused turnovers per game.
• Freshman Kristen Yanchoris is third in the League with 1.55 caused turnovers per game.
• In goal, senior Molly Wolf has had six double-digit save games this year. She leads the League in save percentage (.510) and is ranked ninth nationally, while she’s second in saves and tied for 14th in the NCAA, with 99. Her 8.42 goals-against average ranks third in the Patriot League and 25th nationally.
Holy Cross Crusaders (2-10, 2-2 Patriot League)
• The Crusaders are coming off a 10-9 loss at Bucknell on Saturday after beating Navy, 8-7, and Army West Point, 15-7. Holy Cross opened League play with a 12-7 loss at Lehigh.
• On the road, the Crusaders are winless this season, falling in all six contests.
• Kaitlin Concilio leads Holy Cross with 30 points (13g, 17a), while Maddie Ward and Tess MacKay are the team leaders in goals, with 14 each.
• In goal, Julia Maloney has an 11.75 goals-against average and a .397 save percentage.
• Loyola and Holy Cross met for the first time in women’s lacrosse in 2014, with the Greyhounds coming out on top of both contests at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The Greyhounds picked up the regular-season win, 19-5, before knocking the Crusaders out of the Patriot League Tournament with a 14-10 victory in the semifinal round.
• Last season, Loyola came out on top of a 13-8 contest at Holy Cross.
• Loyola will host a second-straight League foes next weekends, as Lehigh visits Ridley Athletic Complex on Saturday, April 16 at 3 p.m.
• The game will be the second of a Loyola doubleheader, as the men host BU at noon.