March 12, 2012
|Opponent||Delaware Blue Hens|
|Date||Wednesday, March 14, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Today’s match-up will mark the 30th-straight year that the Blue Hens and Greyhounds have faced in women’s lacrosse.
• Loyola holds the all-time edge in the series, 26-8, and have won the last four straight.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-2, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off a 2-0 week which featured a 12-10 overtime win at No. 14/12 Penn State Wednesday night and a 12-11 win over UMBC at Ridley Athletic Complex on Saturday.
• All of Loyola’s goals this season have come from underclassmen, with just over half coming from its freshman class. Twenty eight of the 50 goals scored this year have been notched by a newcomer.
• Sophomore Marlee Paton and freshman Annie Thomas lead the Greyhounds in scoring with 15 points each. Paton has seven goals and eight assists, while Thomas has six goals to go with a team-high nine assists. Thomas is ranked tied for second in the BIG EAST with 1.80 assists per game, while Paton is currently ranked sixth with 1.60.
• Junior Cassandra Cursaro and freshman Hannah Schmitt have a team-high 10 goals each, while freshman Annie Thomas has a team-high eight goals.
• Defensively, Loyola leads the BIG EAST in ground balls per game (23.00) and is second in caused turnovers per game (12.4). In addition, the Greyhounds’ defense leads the league in goals-against average, as they only give up 9.61 goals per game.
• Senior Kellye Gallagher leads the BIG EAST in ground balls (4.40) and caused turnovers (3.2) per game, while senior Kerry Stoothoff ranks fourth with 3.20 ground balls per outing.
• Senior Kerry Stoothoff is allowing 9.42 goals per game, while stopping 47.8 percent of shots faced.
Scouting Delaware (2-5, 0-0 CAA)
• Delaware has earned victories over Lehigh (11-7) and Villanova (11-7) this year, while the Blue Hens have fallen to Penn State (12-6), UMBC (15-6), LaSalle (9-8), Georgetown (16-7) and Maryland (21-4).
• Caitlin McCartney and Chelsea Fay lead the team with 12 goals each, while McCartney has 16 ground balls, 17 draw controls and nine caused turnovers.
• In goal, Alex Zaugra has posted a 13.20 goals-against average, while Tori Zorovich is allowing 11.00 per game. Zaugra is stopping 39.4 percent of shots faced and Zorovich is at .526.
• The Greyhounds lead the all-time series with Delaware, 26-8, including a 15-1 mark at home. The last time Loyola lost at home was in 1981.
• The two squads have met every year since 1980, except for 1982.
• The last Loyola loss in the series was in 2007, but the Greyhounds have dominated the series recently, winning 16 of the last 17 meetings.
• Loyola will travel to Harrisonburg, Va., for a game at James Madison on Saturday. Opening draw is slated for 1 p.m.