March 11, 2010
|Date and Opening Draw||March 13, 2010 | 3 p.m. ET|
|Location||Ithaca, N.Y. | Schoellkopf Field|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes As PDF File|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Video Streaming||Click Here|
• Today's contest features a pair of teams with .500 records and is the final game for Loyola leading up to their opener at the Ridley Athletic Complex against BIG EAST rival Rutgers.
In The Polls
• The Greyhounds fell eight spots to 17th in the Inside Lacrosse Media Poll after back-to-back defeats at the hands of Denver (arv) and Towson (11th). Loyola is also 17th in the IWLCA.
• Cornell is recieiving votes in the Inside Lacrosse Media Poll.
Last Time Out
• Behind a four goal, six point effort by Grace Gavin and a hat trick by Abby Rehfuss, the 17th ranked Greyhounds beat Delaware, 15-9, in the final scheduled game at Diane Geppi-Aikens Field. Gavin's six points gave her 150 for her career. Meg Decker (1g, 2a), Emily Gibson (1g, 2a) and Caroline Hager (2g, 1a) also had three-point games.
• Jessi Steinberg scored six goals as Cornell evened their record and defeated Ivy League rival, Columbia, 9-6 on Wednesday. Libby Johnson recorded a goal and an assist for the Big Red. Kristen Reese and Kyla Dambach split time in goal, with Dambach stopping six shots and Reese made one stop.
• This is only the fourth meeting between the two teams with Loyola taking last year's contest. Grace Gavin scored a career-high seven goals and eight points in the victory and tallied the hat trick just 1:44 into the game.
The 2010 Loyola Greyhounds
• Grace Gavin leads the attack with 18 goals and 24 points. Emily Gibson is second offensively with 10 goals and 16 points. Abby Rehfuss now has seven goals and 12 points, while Cara Filippelli (8g, 1a) and Caroline Hager (7g, 2a) round out the scoring leaders.
• Sophomore netminder Kerry Stoothoff has been strong in goal the first six games of the season, allowing just over nine goals per game with 65 saves and a .537 save percentage. She has played all but 11 minutes this season after splitting time with Meg Steffe in 2009.
• Stoothoff leads the team with 16 ground balls, while Abby Rehfuss has 13 and Gibson and Ana Heneberry have 11. Rehfuss has 19 draw controls to lead the team, while Meg Decker and Gibson both have 11.
• Ashley Moulton and Gibson lead the team with 10 caused turnovers, while Ana Heneberry have eight, Filippelli has seven and Rehfuss and Decker have six.
• Loyola hosts BIG EAST rival Rutgers in the women's lacrosse opener at the newly constructed Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Rutgers is ranked 20th in the IWLCA coaches poll and is one of five teams, including Loyola, who are ranked in the coaches poll.
• The Big East leads all conferences with five schools in the top 20, the most since the American Lacrosse Conference had five schools ranked in the final poll of the 2007 season.
• Georgetown is 5th, Syracuse is 7th and Notre Dame is 11th.