|Opponent||No. 5 Maryland Terrapins|
|Date||Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015|
|Location||College Park, Md. | XFINITY Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola travels to College Park, Maryland, to take on No. 5 Maryland Tuesday night at the XFINITY Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• Tuesday’s game will mark the fourth-straight road game for the Greyhounds.
• Most recently, Loyola held off Mount St. Mary’s to defeat the Mount, 65-63, Saturday evening in the second game of a Loyola-Mount St. Mary’s doubleheader.
• This season, three Greyhounds - sophomore Bri Betz-White and seniors Colleen Marshall and Jeneh Perry - are averaging double figures in scoring. Marshall is averaging a team-best 16.0 points per game, which is ranked fifth among Patriot League competitors. Betz-White is averaging 13.6 points per game, while Perry is averaging 10.6 points per game.
• Betz-White is shooting 83.3 percent from the free-throw line, which is tied for sixth in the League.
• Perry has scored in double figures in the last four games and is shooting 47.8 percent from the floor, which is ranked fifth in the Patriot League. She is also grabbing a team-best 7.9 rebounds per game.
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
LAST TIME OUT
• Loyola held off a fourth-quarter comeback by Mount St. Mary’s to pick up a 65-63 victory over the Mount Saturday evening in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
• Senior Colleen Marshall scored a game-best 23 points, while senior Jeneh Perry tied a career-high, scoring 17 points. The forward shot 7-of-9 from the field and scored in double figures for the fourth-straight game.
• The Greyhounds used an 11-2 run to lead by as many as 16, 59-43, with 5:57 remaining in the fourth quarter, but the Mount went on their own run to pull within four, 64-60, three minutes later.
• Both teams closed out the game at the free-throw line, but it was sophomore Bri Betz-White’s free throw with six seconds remaining that solidified the Greyhounds’ two-point victory.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS MARYLAND
• Tuesday’s game will be the 24th meeting of all time between Loyola and Maryland. This will be the 10th-straight year the two teams have met.
• The Terrapins hold a 21-3 advantage in the series all time
• Last year, Maryland defeated Loyola, 65-43, in College Park, Maryland.
• The Greyhounds will take a 12-day break for exams before returning to action Sunday, Dec. 20, to host UMBC at noon.