|Opponent||Old Dominion Lady Monarchs|
|Date||Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015|
|Location||Norfolk, Va. | Ted Constant Convocation Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is beginning its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola plays in its second-straight afternoon contest Wednesday, when the Greyhounds travel to Norfolk, Virginia, to take on Old Dominion at 11 a.m.
• Wednesday’s game will mark the second of four-straight road games for the Greyhounds.
• Most recently, Loyola fell to Columbia University, 63-53, in New York City.
• This season, two Greyhounds - sophomore Bri Betz-White and senior Colleen Marshall - are averaging double figures in scoring. Betz-White is averaging a team-best 15.8 points per game, which is ranked sixth among Patriot League competitors. Marshall is averaging 15.2 points per game, which is ranked ninth in the League.
• Senior Jeneh Perry leads the team with 7.7 rebounds per game and is ranked seventh among Patriot League competitor in rebounds per game.
• The Greyhounds return nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
LAST TIME OUT
• Despite leading Columbia University into the third quarter, Loyola fell to the Lions, 63-53, Saturday afternoon in Levien Gymnasium.
• The Greyhounds led for the entirety of the first half and up until the 1:58 mark of the third quarter, when the Lions used a 13-3 run to gain their first lead of the contest, 34-32.
• Loyola was unable to come back from its third-quarter deficit, as the Lions outshot the Greyhounds, 26-18, in the fourth quarter.
• Sophomore Bri Betz-White led the Greyhounds with 20 points, while senior Jeneh Perry recorded her second-straight double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS OLD DOMINION
• Loyola holds a 1-0 series advantage over Old Dominion.
• In 2011, Loyola received its first-ever invitation to the Women’s National Invitation Tournament, taking on the Lady Monarchs in the first round at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
• Loyola drained a 3-point field goal with just over three seconds remaining in the game to lift the Greyhounds over Old Dominion, 67-65, on Wednesday, March 16, 2011.
• The win marked the first postseason victory in program history.
• The victory gave Loyola its 21st win of the 2010-11 season, matching the most wins in a single-season in the history of the women’s basketball program. The only other team to reach 21 wins in a single season was in 1998-99, when the Greyhounds went 21-7.
• The Greyhounds will travel to Emmitsburg, Maryland, to face the Mount in the second game of a Loyola-Mount St. Mary’s basketball doubleheader Saturday.
• The men’s teams will faceoff at 2 p.m., followed by the women at 4:30 p.m.