|Date||Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2015|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is beginning its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall MAAC record of 196-205 in conference games. During that time, Loyola claimed two MAAC Tournament Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• On Wednesday night, Loyola will play in its third game in only six days, hosting the Fairfield University Stags for the team’s 2015-16 home opener in Reitz Arena. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• The Greyhounds are 25-19 all-time in home openers and 3-7 under head coach Joe Logan .
• Loyola is coming off a 67-55 loss to Villanova University Monday night at the Pavilion.
• Sophomore Bri Betz-White and senior Colleen Marshall are leading Loyola’s offense with 18.0 and 11.0 points per game, respectively. Both guards have scored in double figures in the first two games of the season.
• Marshall was one of two guards in the Patriot League to be named to the Preseason All-Patriot League Team, becoming the seventh Loyola player under Logan to earn a preseason conference honor.
• Last season, Marshall led the offense with 13.4 points per game and was named to the All-Patriot League Second Team. She ranked sixth in the Patriot League in conference only games with 13.8 points per game and added a League-best 2.6 steals per game.
• In her freshman year, Betz-White was named to the League’s five-member all-rookie team and was second on the team with 8.6 point per game.
• Loyola was picked to finish eighth in the Patriot League Preseason Poll.
• The Greyhounds return nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
LAST TIME OUT
• Loyola fell to Villanova University, 67-55, Monday night at the Pavilion in Villanova, Pennsylvania.
• The Greyhounds trailed by as many as 20 points in the third quarter, but used a 12-0 run to cut Villanova’s lead to eight, 48-40, with 51 seconds remaining in the quarter. The Wildcats closed out the third quarter with four-unanswered points to take a 52-40 advantage into the final quarter.
• Loyola cut its deficit to single digits again in the fourth quarter, including trailing by seven, 54-47, with 4:54 remaining in the game, but Villanova’s success behind the 3-point arc put the contest out of reach for Loyola.
• Senior Diana Logan came off the bench to score 15 points for the Greyhounds. For the second-straight game, both sophomore Bri Betz-White and senior Colleen Marshall recorded double figures with 13 and 10 points, respectively.
• Loyola outrebounded Villanova, 39-34, led by senior Jeneh Perry with nine total rebounds.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS FAIRFIELD
• Wednesday’s game will be the 55th all-time meeting between Loyola and Fairfield with the Stags holding a 35-19 advantage in the series.
• The Greyhounds have won four of the last six games in the series, including the final meeting as Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference foes in Reitz Arena on March 1, 2013. In that meeting, Loyola dealt the Stags a 56-48 defeat.
• For the first time in program history, Loyola welcomes Norfolk State to Reitz Arena Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m.