|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola opens the month of February with its first home contest in two weeks. The Greyhounds will host Lehigh University Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
• On Saturday, the Greyhounds recorded their second-straight Patriot League road win of the season, defeating Lafayette, 55-51, in Easton, Pennsylvania. The win gets the Greyhounds their second-ever sweep over a Patriot League foe, as they downed the Leopards 66-65 on Saturday, Jan. 2.
• Saturday’s win marked the first time Loyola won nine games before the month of February since the 2010-11 season.
• Senior Colleen Marshall leads the team with 15.6 points per game, which ranks third among Patriot League competitors. She has scored in double figures in eight of the last nine games, including leading the team in points in seven of those contests.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 8.0 rebounds per game, which is tied for fifth in the League. The veteran forward also ranks seventh in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (45.1 percent).
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS LEHIGH
• Loyola and Lehigh will meet for the 12th time when the two teams take the floor on Wednesday.
• Lehigh holds a 7-4 advantage in the all-time series, including a one-game lead, 3-2, in the Patriot League series.
• Earlier this season, the Mountain Hawks defeated the Greyhounds on their home court, 66-48, to earn the one-game Patriot League advantage.
• Loyola won the inaugural Patriot League meeting between the two schools, 70-64, in Stabler Arena, but Lehigh picked up a road win in Baltimore to avoid the sweep, topping the Greyhounds, 50-47, Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014.
• Loyola handed Lehigh its first Patriot League loss of the 2014-15 season, topping the Mountain Hawks, 64-52, Saturday, Jan. 10, in Reitz Arena.
• Later that year, the Greyhounds traveled to the Lehigh Valley and fell to the Mountain Hawks, 75-61, Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015.
LAST TIME OUT
• With 1:46 to play in the fourth quarter, graduate student Steph Smith knocked down a 3-point field goal at the top of the arc to give Loyola enough to top Lafayette College, 55-51, Saturday afternoon in the Kirby Sports Center.
• Senior Colleen Marshall led the Greyhounds with 15 points and five steals, while Smith combined for 11 points, three steals and one block. Senior Jeneh Perry grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
• Lafayette opened the fourth quarter scoring four-straight points to lead by as many as four, 49-45, but a pair of free throws by Marshall and Smith’s trey with 1:46 to play gave the Greyhounds the lead for the remainder of the contest.
• For the second-straight game, Loyola held its opponent to less than 10 points in the fourth quarter, as both Lafayette and Colgate University recorded one field goal in each frame against the Greyhounds.
• Saturday’s win marked the first time Loyola had won nine games before the month of February since the 2010-11 season and gave the Greyhounds their second-ever sweep over a Patriot League foe, as they downed Lafayette 66-65 on Saturday, Jan. 2.
• Loyola will host Army West Point Saturday afternoon in Reitz Arena. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.