|Opponent||Lafayette College Leopards|
|Date||Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women's basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola's inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola closes out the month of January with its third-straight road game at Lafayette College Saturday afternoon. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
• On Saturday, the Greyhounds recorded their first Patriot League road win of the season, defeating Colgate, 65-49, in Hamilton, New York.
• With a 5-3 record in Patriot League games, Loyola is off to its best start in conference play since the 2010-11 season.
• Senior Colleen Marshall and sophomore Bri Betz-White are averaging double figures in scoring, led by Marshall with 15.6 points per game, which ranks fourth among Patriot League players. Marshall has scored in double figures in seven of the last eight games and led the team in points in six of those contests.
• Betz-White is averaging 10.1 points per game. She is shooting 79 percent from the charity stripe, which ranks fourth among Patriot League competitors.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 7.9 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the League. The veteran forward also ranks seventh in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (45.2 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS LAFAYETTE
• Saturday's matchup will mark the 11th meeting between Loyola and Lafayette.
• The Leopards hold a 6-4 lead in the all-time series, but the Greyhounds own the win from the most recent meeting, a 66-65 victory in Reitz Arena earlier this season.
• Senior Colleen Marshall's layup off an inbound pass from graduate student Steph Smith with one second to play secured Loyola its first win over Lafayette since joining the Patriot League in 2013-14 and landed the team on SportsCenter Top 10.
• Last season, the two squads met a total of three times. Lafayette won all three meetings, including ending the Greyhounds' season with a 58-46 win in the first round of the 2014-15 Patriot League Tournament. Loyola entered the tournament as the No. 9 seed and faced the eighth-seeded Leopards in Easton, Pennsylvania.
LAST TIME OUT
• Loyola held Colgate University to one field goal in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Raiders 18-3 in the final 10 minutes to win 65-49 Saturday afternoon in Cotterell Court.
• Senior Colleen Marshall led the Greyhounds with 27 points and five assists. Classmate Jeneh Perry recorded her fifth double-double of the season with 15 points and 11 rebounds, while junior Lisa Mirarchi tied a season-best 12 points, including shooting 2-of-3 from behind the arc.
• Loyola closed out the third quarter with a slight one-point lead, 47-46, but the Greyhounds pushed past Colgate by using an 18-0 run to open the final frame and lead by as many as 19 points, 65-46, with just under three minutes to play. The Raiders knocked down one trey to close out the contest with a 16-point deficit.
• Loyola shot a season-best 50.9 percent from the floor.
• Loyola returns home to host Lehigh University Wednesday night in Reitz Arena. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.