|Date||Saturday, Jan. 23, 2016|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Cotterell Court|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola plays in its second of three-straight road games to close out the month of January, as the Greyhounds travel to Hamilton, New York, to take on Colgate University Saturday at 4 p.m.
• Loyola is coming of a 71-64 loss to Bucknell University Wednesday evening in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
• Senior Colleen Marshall and sophomore Bri Betz-White are averaging double figures in scoring, led by Marshall with 15.0 points per game, which ranks fifth among Patriot League players. Marshall has scored in double figures in six of the last seven games and led the team in points in five of those games.
• Betz-White is averaging 10.5 points per game. She is shooting 79 percent from the charity stripe, which ranks fourth among Patriot League competitors.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 7.8 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the League. The veteran forward also ranks seventh in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (44.2 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS COLGATE
• Loyola and Colgate will face off for the fifth time on Saturday, as the two teams didn’t meet until the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League in 2013-14.
• That season, the programs split the series, each winning on the opposing team’s home court.
• Last year, the Raiders swept the Greyhounds, winning in Reitz Arena, 72-45, and at home, 54-53.
• In the last meeting, Colgate did not score a single field-goal in the final three minutes of the game, but Randyll Butler’s free throw with eight seconds left proved to be the difference as the Raiders edged the Greyhounds, 54-53, in Cotterell Court.
LAST TIME OUT
• In a game that included nine lead changes and five tied scores, Loyola fell to Bucknell, 71-64, in the final minutes of the fourth quarter Wednesday night in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
• Loyola had three players score in double-figures, led by sophomore Bri Betz-White with 20 points. Seniors Colleen Marshall and Jeneh Perry each grabbed six rebounds, while also scoring 18 and 11 points, respectively. Senior Steph Smith pulled down a team-best seven rebounds.
• Loyola held a five-point advantage, 21-16, at the end of the first quarter, but the Bison outscored the Greyhounds in the following frame, 20-11, to take a four-point lead heading into halftime, 36-32.
• The two teams traded baskets to open the third quarter, but it was Betz-White’s layup with just over six minutes to play in the frame that knotted the score, 21-21, for the final time. From that point on, Bucknell held onto the lead to remain undefeated in League play.
• Loyola takes a six-day break and returns to action Saturday at Lafayette College. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.