|Date||Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2016|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Sojka Pavilion|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• On Wednesday night, Loyola will take on Bucknell in Sojka Pavilion at 7 p.m.
• This past weekend, the Greyhounds defeated Boston University, 63-54, from inside Reitz Arena.
• Saturday’s win marked the fourth-straight Patriot League win on the Greyhounds’ home court. Loyola is undefeated at home in League play.
• Senior Colleen Marshall is averaging a team-best 14.8 points per game, which ranks fifth among Patriot League players. Marshall has led the team in points in six of the last seven games, and has scored in double figures in five of the six games.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 7.9 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the League. The veteran forward is also ranked eighth in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (44.4 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS BUCKNELL
• Loyola is looking for its first Patriot League win against Bucknell, as the Bison hold a 4-0 advantage in the League series and a 9-5 lead in an all-time series that dates back to 1983.
• In their first meeting as Patriot League foes, the Bison swept the Greyhounds, winning on the road, 67-60, and in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, 70-49.
• Last season, Bucknell once again defeated Loyola in both matchups in Sojka Pavilion, 66-49, and in Baltimore, Maryland, 72-61.
• Prior to joining the League, Bucknell and Loyola traded games each season, winning each respective road game.
LAST TIME OUT
• Senior Jeneh Perry scored a career-high 18 points and added a game-best 17 rebounds to lead Loyola to a 63-54 win over Boston University Saturday afternoon in Reitz Arena.
• Perry’s double-double marked her fourth of the season and the sixth of her career.
• Senior Colleen Marshall also tacked on 19 points for the Greyhounds to mark her fifth double-digit point performance in the last six outings.
• Loyola found success from behind the arc early on and was able to carry an 18-13 advantage headed into the second quarter.
• BU chipped away at its deficit and used a 9-2 run to knot the score at 22, but senior Diana Logan halted the run with paint points to put the Greyhounds back on top for the remainder of the contest.
• Loyola continues its three-game road swing to close out the month of January with a trip to Hamilton, New York. The Greyhounds will take on the Colgate Raiders Saturday at 4 p.m.