|Opponent||U.S. Naval Academy Midshipmen|
|Date||Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola returns home for a two-game homestand starting with Navy Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 70-37 loss to Army West Point, the Patriot League preseason favorite.
• Senior Colleen Marshall and sophomore Bri Betz-White are averaging double figures in scoring. Marshall is averaging a team-best 13.9 points per game, which ranks sixth among Patriot League competitors, while Betz-White is averaging 10.7 points per game.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 7.4 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the League. The veteran forward is also ranked 10th in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (43.3 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS NAVY
• Loyola and Navy will meet for the 20th time when the two teams take the court on Wednesday.
• The Midshipmen lead the series, 15-5, while also holding a 3-1 advantage in Patriot League play.
• In the last meeting, Loyola scored the second half’s first nine points to turn a 29-22 deficit into a two-point advantage, but Navy came back to hold off the Greyhounds for a 59-50 decision to close out Patriot League play.
• Earlier that season, Loyola used a 7-2 run in the final two minutes of action to defeat Navy, 55-49, and record its first Patriot League win against the Midshipmen.
• The previous year, Navy swept Loyola, winning on the road, 67-44, and at home, 74-50.
LAST TIME OUT
• Army West Point defeated Loyola, 70-37, Saturday afternoon in Christl Arena.
• Sophomore Bri Betz-White scored a team-best six points, while freshman Courtney Vannoy led the team on the boards. Vannoy grabbed a career-high eight rebounds and tacked on one assist and two blocks.
• In the first eight minutes of the game, Army West Point found success behind the arc, shooting 4-of-4 from 3-point range to gain control of the lead for the remainder of the contest.
• Loyola put together a comeback attempt in the third quarter, holding the Black Knights to only seven points throughout the frame, but once again, Army West Point used 3-point shooting early in the fourth quarter to extend its lead and defeat the Greyhounds.
• Loyola will host Boston University Saturday afternoon in Reitz Arena. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.