|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pa. | Stabler Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola will play in its first Patriot League road game of the 2015-16 season when it travels to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to take on Lehigh University Wednesday evening. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.
• The Greyhounds opened the new year with a 66-65 win against Lafayette College Saturday afternoon in Reitz Arena. Senior Colleen Marshall’s last-second layup was featured on SportsCenter Top 10.
• For the first time in program history, Loyola has opened its Patriot League slate 2-0.
• Marshall and sophomore Bri Betz-White are averaging double figures in scoring. Marshall is averaging a team-best 14.6 points per game, which ranks sixth among Patriot League competitors. Betz-White is averaging 11.5 points per game.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 8.1 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the League. The veteran forward is also ranked sixth in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (45.4 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS LEHIGH
• Loyola and Lehigh will meet for the 11th time when the two teams take the court on Wednesday.
• Lehigh holds a 6-4 advantage in the all-time series, but the Greyhounds and Mountain Hawks have split the four Patriot League meetings.
• Loyola won the inaugural Patriot League meeting between the two schools, 70-64, in Stabler Arena on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014.
• Lehigh picked up its first win to avoid the season sweep, topping Loyola, 50-47, Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, in Reitz Arena.
• The following year, Loyola handed Lehigh its first Patriot League loss of the 2014-15 campaign, topping the Mountain Hawks, 64-52, Saturday, Jan. 10, in Reitz Arena.
• The two teams last met Saturday, Feb. 7 2015, at Stabler Arena, when the Greyhounds fell to the Mountain Hawks, 75-61, in the Lehigh Valley.
LAST TIME OUT
• Senior Colleen Marshall’s layup off an inbound pass from graduate student Steph Smith with one second remaining sent Loyola past Lafayette College, 66-65, Saturday afternoon at Reitz Arena.
• Marshall led the Greyhounds with a game-best 22 points, while sophomore Bri Betz-White tacked on 13. Lisa Mirarchi tied a career-high eight assists and senior Jeneh Perry led Loyola with seven rebounds.
• Lafayette got out to a hot start, but the Greyhounds used a 15-4 run to close out the first quarter with a 17-16 advantage.
• Loyola continued on its run, outscoring Lafayette 24-17 in the second quarter to take a 41-33 lead into halftime.
• In the fourth quarter, Lafayette put together a comeback attempt to push ahead, 65-64, with two seconds to play, but Marshall’s layup secured the win for Loyola.
• Loyola stays on the road to take on Army West Point Saturday at 1 p.m.