|Opponent||Lafayette College Leopards|
|Date||Saturday, Jan. 2, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola will open the new year hosting Lafayette College Saturday afternoon at Reitz Arena. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
• The Greyhounds snapped a three-game losing skid with a victory in the Patriot League opener Wednesday afternoon against American University. Loyola defeated the Eagles, 52-46, inside Reitz Arena.
• For the second-straight season, Loyola has opened its conference slate with a win against the previous year’s regular season champion. Last season, American won the regular season title, while the previous year, Loyola beat Navy, the 2013-14 regular season champion, in the League opener.
• This season, three Greyhounds - sophomore Bri Betz-White and seniors Colleen Marshall and Jeneh Perry - are averaging double figures in scoring. Marshall is averaging a team-best 14.0 points per game, which ranks seventh among Patriot League competitors. Betz-White is averaging 11.3 points per game, while Perry is averaging 10.0.
• Perry is grabbing a team-best 8.2 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the League. The veteran forward is also ranked sixth in the Patriot League in field-goal percentage (45.6 percent).
• The Greyhounds returned nine players from a team that went 7-23 overall last season.
• Loyola is one of 25 NCAA Division I programs to return all five starters from the 2014-15 season.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS LAFAYETTE
• Saturday’s matchup will mark the 10th all-time meeting between Loyola and Lafayette.
• The Leopards hold a 6-3 lead in the all-time series, including winning all four Patriot League regular season matchups since Loyola joined the League in 2013-14.
• Last season, the two squads met a total of three times, as the Greyhounds and the Leopards squared off in the first round of the 2014-15 Patriot League Tournament.
• Loyola entered the tournament as the No. 9 seed and faced the eighth-seeded Leopards in Easton, Pennsylvania. Lafayette shot 42 percent from the floor and defeated Loyola, 58-46, to close out the Greyhounds’ 2014-15 season.
LAST TIME OUT
• In a game that included six tied scores and 15 lead changes, Loyola topped American University, 52-46, in the Patriot League opener Wednesday afternoon at Reitz Arena.
• The Greyhounds recorded their first win over the Eagles since joining the League in 2013.
• Senior Colleen Marshall scored a game-high 17 points, including knocking down the game-winning 3-pointer with 1:32 to play in the fourth quarter. Senior Jeneh Perry added 12 points, while senior Steph Smith finished with a game-high eight rebounds.
• With five minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, American held a four-point lead, 44-40, but Marshall and the Greyhounds closed out the contest scoring 12 of the game’s final 14 points to pull away for the win.
• Loyola travels to Lehigh to take on the Mountain Hawks Wednesday at 7 p.m.