|Opponent||No. 20 Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Saturday, Octoer 25, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola snapped a three-game losing skid with a 2-1 double-OT win over Lehigh Saturday.
• At home this year, Loyola is 4-1-0.
• The Terriers enter the weekend unbeaten in Patriot League play and ranked 20th nationally.
• Loyola is 0-0-1 against ranked teams this year, tying No. 21 UMBC, 1-1, on September 20.
Last Time Out
• Senior Joey Cahalan headed in the game-winning goal in the 107th minute to lift the Greyhounds to a 2-1 double-overtime win over Lehigh Saturday at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The goal was Cahalan’s second of the season, while it was also his second game-winner in OT.
• Senior Connor Thompson scored the game’s first goal in the 24th minute, while sophomore Dylan Engel assisted both of Loyola’s goals.
• In goal, sophomore Matt Sanchez came up with a game-high five saves.
Loyola Greyhounds (5-6-2, 2-3-0 Patriot League)
• Senior Connor Thompson leads the Greyhounds with three goals this year, while senior Joseph Cahalan and sophomore Ryan Tuck have two goals each.
• Sophomore Dylan Engel is second on the team with five points on one goal and three assists.
• Sophomore Laurin Vogel shares the team lead of three assists with Engel, while juniors Brennan Goldsmith and Jake Heroux both have scored one goal.
• Thompson scored the game-winning goals against Howard and Colgate, while Heroux scored the game-winner at Drexel and Cahalan notched the game winners in overtime at home against La Salle and Lehigh.
• Tuck earned back-to-back Corvias Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week honors on September 15 and September 22 for his play at Stetson, vs. La Salle and at No. 21 UMBC.
• Engel scored his first career goal, assisted by senior Joey Wilkins, against Bucknell, while Goldsmith tallied his first career goal against Army.
• Sophomore transfer Matt Sanchez has played all 1227 minutes and has recorded four shutouts, including one against Colgate, en route to earning the league’s goalkeeper of the week honor.
• Five players made their debuts as Greyhounds vs. St. Francis; Sanchez in goal, sophomore midfielder John Toher, sophomore transfer Dolu Oyewole, Engel and freshman Brad Warenicz.
• Freshman Danny Mooney earned his first action at Campbell.
Boston University (10-3-1, 5-0-0 Patriot League)
• The Terriers are looking to get back on track after a 3-1 loss to Boston College on Tuesday snapped their nine-game unbeaten streak.
• In conference play, Boston University is still riding a five-game undefeated streak.
• Dominique Badji leads the offense with seven goals, ranking him second in the Patriot League.
• David Amirani is second on the team with 10 points, behind Badji’s 17, while Jordan Barker has nine points on three goals and three assists. All three of Barker’s scores have been game-winning goals, while Amirani has been credited with three game winners and Badji has two.
• In goal, Nick Thomson has played all 1290 minutes, posting a 0.77 goals-against average and a .825 save percentage. He has stopped 52 shots, while giving up just 11 goals.
• The Greyhounds are 1-2-1 all-time against Boston University and 1-0-0 when playing at home.
• The two squads played to a 1-1 tie in the inaugural meeting in 1987, a neutral site game.
• Boston University earned a 3-1 win in 1991 at home, but the Greyhounds claimed a 1-0 overtime victory in Baltimore in 1992.
• Renewing their rivalry as Patriot League foes in 2013, the Terriers won 2-0 in Boston.
• The Greyhounds will head to American for a 7 p.m., game Wednesday night.