Oct. 11, 2011
|Date||Saturday, October 15, 2011|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• The Greyhounds enter the weekend with a 7-4-1 record and 2-2 mark in the MAAC.
• Rider is 3-8-1 this season and 2-2 in the MAAC.
• The Broncs and Greyhounds are both riding a two-game win streak coming into their match-up.
Home Game Promotions
• Saturday will be the men's soccer alumni reunion, with a special pregame ceremony planned to honor the 2001 Greyhounds team 10 years after their appearance in the NCAA College Cup Quarterfinals.
• There will be a postgame autograph session.
• Sophomore Geaton Caltabiano scored twice in Loyola's 2-0 victory at Saint Peter's to tie classmate Stephen Dooley as the team's scoring leaders.
• Caltabiano and Dooley have each recorded four goals and two assists for 12 points this year.
• Defensively, graduate senior Kyle Wittman has posted six shutouts this season and has earned 188 minutes and 43 seconds of consecutive shutout minutes.
• The Broncs are led by David Benavidez and Dan Friga, both have notched three goals and one assist for seven points.
• In goal, Matt Perrella and Jason Giordano have split time, with Perrella posting a 0.81 goals-against average and Giordano is at 1.96 GAA.
• Perrella has stopped 30 shots (83.3 percent), while Giordano has turned back 24 (70.6).
• The Greyhounds and Broncs have faced the same four MAAC opponents - Iona, Fairfield, Saint Peter's and Manhattan - and have each posted a 2-2 record in those games.
• Iona defeated Loyola, 3-2, and Rider, 2-1, and Fairfield knocked off Loyola, 2-1, and Rider, 3-2.
• Loyola beat Manhattan, 3-0, and Saint Peter's, 2-0, while Rider earned a 1-0 win at Manhattan and a 2-0 victory at Saint Peter's.
• Loyola is looking to extend its six-game win streak against the Broncs.
• The Greyhounds are 19-6-1all-time against Rider and are 10-3-1 at home.
• The last time Loyola lost on its home field was a 2-0 decision in 1997. The Greyhounds have won the last six-straight at home since then.
• The Greyhounds will close out their home schedule next weekend, hosting Canisius and Niagara at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Loyola will face the Griffs Friday at 7 p.m., before taking on the Purple Eagles Sunday at 1 p.m.