|Opponent||La Salle Explorers|
|Date||Wednesday, September 17, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola is 1-0-0 at home this season, earning a 1-0 win against Howard.
• This will be the third-straight season Loyola and La Salle have met, with both teams owning a road win in the two previous contests.
• The Greyhounds and Explorers used to be conference rivals, as both were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) from 1982-91.
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 72nd season as a men’s soccer program, and its 33rd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• The 2013 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League, while 2014 will mark the first year the Greyhounds will compete under new head coach Steve Nichols.
• Prior to joining the Patriot League, Loyola was a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles.
Last Time Out
• Sophomore Ryan Tuck’s first collegiate goal, assisted by freshman Brad Warenicz, gave the Greyhounds a 1-1 double-overtime tie at Stetson on Saturday.
• Tuck’s goal in the 64th minute came just after the Hatters got on the board in the 60th minute.
• The Greyhounds blocked Stetson’s header off a corner kick, but they were behind the goal line, which gave the Hatters the goal.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-2-1)
• Three Greyhounds - senior Connor Thompson, sophomore Jake Heroux and sophomore Ryan Tuck - have scored this season, while sophomore Laurin Vogel assisted two of those scores.
• Thompson scored the game-winner against Howard and Heroux scored the game-winner at Drexel. Vogel assisted both of those goals, while freshman Brad Warenicz assisted Tuck’s equalizer at Stetson.
• Sophomore transfer Matt Sanchez has played all 470 minutes and has recorded two shutouts.
• Five players made their debuts as Greyhounds vs. St. Francis; Sanchez in goal, sophomore midfielder John Toher, sophomore transfer Dolu Oyewole, sophomore Dylan Engel and freshman Brad Warenicz.
• Freshman Danny Mooney earned his first action at Campbell.
Corvias Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week
• Sophomore Ryan Tuck was named the Corvias Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week after helping the Greyhounds to a 1-0-1 week.
• The lone field player to play all 200 minutes this week, Tuck anchored a back line that gave up just eight shots and three corners in a 1-0 win at Drexel on Wednesday.
• He followed that up by getting Loyola a 1-1 double-overtime tie at Stetson on Saturday, scoring his first career goal - and the game's equalizer - in the 64th minute.
La Salle Explorers (0-3-1)
• La Salle is looking for its first win of the season, as the Explorers have losses to Siena (1-0), Vermont (2-1) and UMass Lowell (2-0).
• In their most recent outing, the Explorers tied Temple, 2-2. Matt Robinson scored off a cross in the first minute before Joe Farrell gave La Salle a 2-0 lead in the 14th minute. Temple scored in the 48th minute and then found its equalizer in the 84th minute.
• Johnny Ciarlante is the other Explorer that has scored this year, knocking in a goal vs. Vermont.
• George Breslin, Bobby Briggs and Andrew Connors all have an assist on the season.
• In goal, Mike Kirk has played 290 minute, making 11 saves, while David Tuchinsky played all 90 minutes of the 2-0 loss to UMass Lowell.
• Loyola and La Salle were once conference rivals, with the Greyhounds and Explorers facing from 1989-91 as members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
• The Greyhounds won all three regular-season games versus the Explorers, while they also captured two league titles by defeating La Salle in the championship game of the 1989 and 1990 MAAC Championship games.
• Loyola only surrendered two goals in those five games, while it outscored La Salle, 20-2, including posting three shutout wins.
• Loyola holds an overall record of 8-1-0 when facing La Salle.
• The two programs met every year from 1982-1991 as members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), with Loyola winning all five of those contests.
• When the series was renewed in 2012, the Explorers claimed their first victory, a 1-0 win at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The Greyhounds won the most recent meeting though, 5-3, in Philadelphia last season.
• The Greyhounds will head to UMBC on Saturday night game vs. the Retrievers.
• Kick off is scheduled for 7 p.m.