Sept. 16, 2011
|Date||Saturday, September 17, 2011|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||GameTracker | Video | Audio|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
Home Game Promotions
• Saturday night's game against Campbell will be Boy Scout Night.
• All Boy Scouts in uniform are free of charge with unlimited group price for all friends/family.
• There will also be an autograph session and kick around for Boy Scouts in uniform after the game.
• Loyola (3-1-1) is in the middle of a four-game homestand. The Greyhounds defeated St. Francis, 1-0, on Saturday and Towson, 2-1, on Wednesday. Loyola will close out the four-game stretch on Wednesday, Sept. 21 against UMBC at 7 p.m.
• Campbell (3-1-1) comes into the game after dropping its first game of the season to Elon, 3-1, on Wednesday.
• Loyola enters the contest with a 3-1-1 record and is coming off a 2-1 victory over Towson Wednesday.
• The Greyhounds are currently on a three-game unbeaten streak, tying Navy, 3-3, before beating St.Francis, 1-0, and Towson, 2-1.
• Vegard Vinje was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week after scoring the game-winning goal against St. Francis last Saturday.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the team with seven points (2g, 3a) and has had a point in the last three games for Loyola.
• Stephen Dooley (2g, 1a), Gerwyn Jones (1g), Jamie Libby (1g), Vegard Vinje (1g), Connor Thompson (1a) and Kevin Curran (1a) have all also contributed to the offense.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is posting a 1.02 GAA and has stopped 82.8 percent of shots faced.
• The Camels entered the week unbeaten, but dropped a 3-1 decision to Elon on Wednesday. Campbell opened the season with a 0-0 tie against Furman, before rattling off three-straight wins; at UNC Wilmington, 3-2, and then against Wofford, 1-0, and Hartford, 3-2, at the UNCW Adidas Classic.
• J.J. Elder leads the offense wtih five goals and 11 points, while Mitchell Cardenas has three assists.
• In goal, Ethan Hall has stopped 19 shots, while posting a .792 save percentage and 1.40 goals-against average.
Last Time Out
• Loyola scored two early goals against Towson on Wednesday, before relying on stingy defense to earn a 2-1 victory over the Tigers.
• Stephen Dooley recorded his second goal of the season in the sixth minute, converting a penalty kick.
• Gerwyn Jones knocked in his first goal of the season in the eighth minute, assisted by Geaton Caltabiano.
Rookie of the Week
• Sophomore Vegard Vinje was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week on Sept. 12.
• Vinje scored the game-winning goal in Loyola’s 1-0 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) on Sept. 10.
• The goal marked the first of Vinje’s career.
• Six of Loyola’s seven goals this season have come from a sophomore.
• Transfer Geaton Caltabiano and Stephen Dooley have each scored two, while Jamie Libby and Vegard Vinje have contributed one.
• Gerwyn Jones was responsible for the other goal.
• Loyola will return to action on Wednesday when it closes out its four-game homestand against UMBC.
• Game time is slated for 7 p.m., at Ridley Athletic Complex.