Sept. 13, 2011
|Date||Wednesday, September 14, 2011|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Getting There||Directions | Parking|
|Online Media||LiveStats | Video | Audio|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
|Promotions||Neighborhood Night Voucher|
• Loyola is in the middle of a four-game homestand. The Greyhounds defeated St. Francis, 1-0, on Saturday. The squad will host Towson (Wed., 7 p.m.) and Campbell (Sat., 7 p.m.) this week, before closing out the four-game stretch on Wednesday, Sept. 21 against UMBC at 7 p.m.
• Towson will bring a 0-1-1 record into Wednesday’s game, while Campbell (3-0-1) will face Elon on Wednesday before traveling to Ridley Athletic Complex on Saturday.
• Loyola enters the week with a 2-1-1 record and is coming off a 1-0 victory over St. Francis.
• Vegard Vinje was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week after scoring the game-winning goal Saturday.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the team with six points (2g, 2a), while Stephen Dooley (1g, 1a), Jamie Libby (1g), Vegard Vinje (1g), Connor Thompson (1a) and Kevin Curran (1a) have contributed to the offense.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is posting a 1.02 GAA and has stopped 83.3 percent of shots faced.
• The Tigers have not played a game since Thursday, Sept. 1, when they tied Mount St. Mary’s, 1-1.
• Towson’s game at UMBC on Wednesday, Sept. 7 was canceled, while its game against Saint Joseph’s on Sunday, Sept. 11 was postponed due to inclement weather and flooding in the area.
• Christian Hofer has scored the lone Tiger goal this seaosn, while it was assisted by Phil Martinelli.
• In goal, John Steele has allowed three goals, while he has stopped 18 shots.
Home Game Promotions
• For Loyola’s game against Towson on Wednesday, it will be Neighborhood Night: Vouches for buy one, get one to schools and neighborhood businesses
• There will be Interactive Inflatable and Unleash the Hounds Tattoos available prior to the game, in addition to schedule cards and posters given away.
• For the Greyhounds’ game against Campbell on Saturday, it will be Boy Scout Night: Boy Scouts in uniform are free; unlimited group price for all friends/family
• The Interactive Inflatable will be available prior to the game, with schedule cards and posters given away. There will also be an autograph session and kick around for Boy Scouts in uniform after the game
Rookie of the Week
• Sophomore Vegard Vinje was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week on Sept. 12.
• Vinje scored the game-winning goal in Loyola’s 1-0 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) on Sept. 10.
• The goal marked the first of Vinje’s career.
• Sophomore transfer Geaton Caltabiano notched his first collegiate goal in Loyola’s season-opening win at Adelphi, while sophomore Vegard Vinje notched his first goal - the game-winner - against St. Francis (Pa.) in the squad's home opener.
• Caltabiano’s goal came in the 55th minute, while Vinje's was in the 85th minute.
• On Vinje's goal, Connor Thompson earned his first collegiate point, being credited with an assist on the play.
• Five Greyhounds also made their collegiate debuts in the season opener at Adelphi; Cameron Coppola, Vegard Vinje, Joseph Cahalan and Connor Thompson.
• Loyola will remain home to host Campbell at 7 p.m. on Saturday.