Sept. 9, 2011
|Opponent||St. Francis (Pa.) Red Flash|
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 9, 2011|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Getting There||Directions | Parking | Student Shuttle Information|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Kids wearing a jersey get in free with a paying adult ticket; additional adults get kids price
• Cheer cards, schedule cards and posters will be given away
• Autograph session for kids in jerseys post game
• Mark Mettrick's Soccer Campers receive four free tickets at box office with coupon
• This will mark the first meeting all-time between St. Francis and Loyola.
• Loyola concluded a three-game road swing at Navy on Wednesday. The Greyhounds played the Midshipmen to a 3-3 draw, before the game was called with 6:48 left to play due to lightning in the area.
• St. Francis (Pa.) picked up its second win of the season on Wednesday, defeating Howard, 2-1.
• Loyola enters the weekend with a 1-1-1 record, beating Adelphi, 1-0, falling to No. 8 W&M, 1-0 and tying Navy, 3-3.
• Sophomore transfer Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with five points this year.
• Graduate senior Kyle Wittman earned eight stops in goal for Loyola in the season opener against Adelphi, en route to being named the MAAC Defensive Player of the Week on Aug. 29.
Scouting Saint Francis (Pa.)
• The Red Flash enter the weekend with a 2-1-1 record. St. Francis tied NC State, 0-0, in its season opener, before shutting out Pittsburgh, 3-0, falling to Bucknell, 4-1, and defeating Howard, 2-1.
• Wayne Tiller leads St. Francis with two goals this year, including the game winner against Pittsburgh to open the season. Tobie Iguade, Kingsley McLeod and David Butler have each scored one goal.
• In goal. Darius Motazed has posted a 2-0-1 record in four appearances and one start. He has allowed just two goals, while stopping 11 shots.
Loyola and St. Francis Connections
• While this will mark the first time the Greyhounds and Red Flash have faced, the two squads have played a common opponent.
• Last year, St. Francis and Loyola both faced a nationally ranked Monmouth squad. The Hawks dropped only one regular-season contest, a 2-0 decision to the Greyhounds. Monmouth defeated St. Francis, 2-1, in the regular season, before winning the 2010 Northeast Conference Tournament with a 1-0 victory over the Red Flash.
Regional Bragging Rights
• Loyola and St. Francis are both in the NCAA North Atlantic region.
• The Greyhounds are ranked fourth in the regional rankings, while the Red Flash are tied at eighth with Robert Morris University.
• The Greyhounds will remain home for their next three contests; vs. Towson (Sept. 14), vs. Campbell (Sept. 17) and vs. UMBC (Sept. 21). All games will be played at Ridley Athletic Complex.