|Opponent||Duke Blue Devils|
|Date||Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015|
|Location||Durham, N.C. | Koskinen Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Live Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is beginning its 73rd season as a men’s soccer program, its 34th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program and its third season as a member of the Patriot League.
• The 2013 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League. The Greyhounds posted a 2-6-1 record in its first season of league play and a 2-5-2 mark last year.
• Prior to joining the Patriot League, Loyola was a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles.
Loyola Greyhounds (0-2-1, 0-0-0 Patriot League)
• The Greyhounds are still looking for their first goal of the season.
• Only four players on this year’s youthful roster have scored a collegiate goal. Juniors Dylan Engel (1g), Brennan Goldsmith (1g) and Jake Heroux (1g) all netted their first career goals last season, while sophomore transfer Joe Rodriguez scored his first collegiate goal while playing for Drexel a year ago. Junior Ryan Tuck, who is out for the season, has also scored twice for Loyola.
• Newcomers make up half of Loyola’s roster, as 10 freshmen and three transfers join 13 returners.
• Loyola graduated its top two goal scorers - Joseph Cahalan (4g) and Connor Thompson (3g).
• Matt Sanchez also returns to the goal, where he played every minute of last season. In addition, Sanchez picked up valuable experience this summer playing as the starting keeper for the Puerto Rican National Team through international friendlys and Olympic and World Cup qualifiers.
Duke Blue Devils (3-0-0, 0-0-0 ACC)
• Duke enters the game undefeated this season, earning wins against Saint Mary’s (Calif.) (3-2), DePaul (1-0) and Iona (2-1). All three games were played at Koskinen Stadium.
• Jeremy Ebobisse leads the Blue Devils with three goals this year, while Markus Fjortoft, Zach Mathers and Tyler Hilliard all have one.
• Zach Mathers leads the team with two assists, both coming in the most recent outing vs. the Gaels.
• In goal, Wilson Fisher has played all 270 minutes and is giving up 1.00 goals per game.
Versus The Blue Devils
• The Greyhounds are looking for their first win against the Blue Devils, as Duke has come out on top of the three previous meetings.
• The two squads first met in 1979, Loyola’s first season of NCAA Division I competiting, with the Blue Devils winning 5-1 in Baltimore.
• In 1982, the contest was much closer, with Duke escaping the William & Mary Invitational with a 2-1 victory in overtime.
• The lone meeting in Durham, North Carolina, was in the quarterfinal round of the 1986 NCAA Championships, with Duke knocking the Greyhounds out of the tournament with a 2-1 win, en route to the national title.
• Loyola will return home to host crosstown-rival UMBC Saturday at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.