|Date||Saturday, September 6, 2014|
|Location||Buies Creek, North Carolina | Eakes Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• This will mark the fifth-straight year that the Greyhounds and Camels have met, with Loyola holding a 2-1-1 in those games. The Greyhounds are 4-1-1 in the all-time series.
• This will mark Campbell’s home opener at the Eakes Athletic Complex.
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is beginning its 72nd season as a men’s soccer program, and its 33rd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• The 2013 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League, while 2014 will mark the first year the Greyhounds will compete under new head coach Steve Nichols.
• Prior to joining the Patriot League, Loyola was a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles.
Last Time Out
• Behind a goal from senior Connor Thompson and a shutout from sophomore transfer Matt Sanchez, head coach Steve Nichols earned his first career victory with a 1-0 win over Howard.
• Sophomore Laurin Vogel played a through ball to Thompson, who stuck a shot in the bottom right corner of the goal for Loyola’s first goal of the 2014 season.
• Sanchez came up with three saves in goal for his first clean sheet as a Greyhound.
• Loyola began the year with a 2-0 loss at St. Francis (Pa.), a 2013 NCAA Tournament participant, but responded for a 1-0 win over Howard in its home opener.
• Senior Connor Thompson is the lone Greyhound to score this season, while sophomore Laurin Vogel assisted the goal.
• Sophomore transfer Matt Sanchez has played all 180 minutes and has recorded one shutout.
• Five players made their debuts as Greyhounds vs. St. Francis; Sanchez in goal, sophomore midfielder John Toher, sophomore transfer Dolu Oyewole, sophomore Dylan Engel and freshman Brad Warenicz.
• Campbell shutout UNC-Greensboro, 1-0, in its season opener on Friday night.
• Isaiah Page scored the lone goal, capitalizing on a misclear in the box in the 52nd minute.
• Matthew Mozynski made 10 saves in goal, including eight in the second half, to earn his first shutout of the season.
• Loyola leads the all-time series with Campbell, 4-1-1.
• When playing on the road, the Greyhounds are 1-1-1.
• Loyola won the series’ first meeting, 2-0, in Buies Creek in 1986. It wasn’t for another 22 years that the schools would meet again, this time with Loyola taking a 1-0 win in Baltimore in 2008.
• The two squads resumed their rivalry after taking 2009 off and have met for the last four-straight seasons with Loyola going 2-1-1 through those games.
• Loyola won the most recent meeting, a 2-0 victory at home in 2013, while it dropped a 2-0 decision in its last meeting in Buies Creek, in 2012.
• Loyola will head on the road for three-straight away games, at Campbell, Drexel and Stetson.
• The Greyhounds’ game at Campbell is scheduled for 6 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 6.