April 25, 2014
WEST POINT, N.Y. - Fellow Patriot League newcomer Boston University won the doubles’ point and then took three singles matches to defeat the seven-seeded Loyola University Maryland men’s tennis team, 4-0, in the Patriot League Quarterfinals Friday afternoon at the United States Military Academy.
The second-seeded Terriers went up 1-0 in the match after Chanon Varapongsittikul and Jesse Frieder defeated Harrison Kunkel and Connor Lisco 8-3, at No. 1 doubles. Earlier in the number two match, Loyola’s Greg Olesnycky and Jordan Kuchta led Stefan Lemire and Mario Sandoval 6-5, before the match was called.
Harrison Kunkel took a set from Jesse Frieder at No. 2, leading the first, 6-5, before the match was also called.
Boston University 4, Loyola 0
1. Chanon Varapongsittikul/Jesse Frieder (B) def. Harrison Kunkel/Connor Lisco (L) 8-3
2. Stefan Lemire/Mario Sandoval (B) led Greg Olesnycky/Jordan Kuchtha (L) 6-5 (DNF)
3. Jay Leelavanich/Jake De Vries (B) def. Connor Pietrak/Alex Castro (L) 8-3
1. Chanon Varapongsittikul (B) led Connor Pietrak (L) 6-0, 4-3 (DNF)
2. Harrison Kunkel (L) led Jesse Frieder (B) 6-5 (DNF)
3. Stefan Lemire (B) led Connor Lisco (L) 6-4, 1-2 (DNF)
4. Mario Sandoval (B) def. Greg Olesnycky (L) 6-2, 6-3
5. Lucas Bombonatti (B) def. Jordan Kuchta (L) 6-3, 6-0
6. Jay Leelavanich (B) def. Alex Castro (L) 6-3, 6-4