April 11, 2014
FAIRFAX, Va. - George Mason University women’s tennis swept Loyola University Maryland in doubles action, but the Greyhounds rebounded to win four singles matches for a 4-2 victory over the host Patriots on Friday afternoon.
Ashley Delaney scored a point for the Patriots with a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Katelyn Hissong at No. 3, but it was the last point George Mason would score.
The Greyhounds (9-4 overall) then took the fourth and fifth flights with Ania Krawiec topping Olivia Lacy-Thompson, 7-5, 6-2, and Olivia Ott beating Mina Saygi, 6-2, 6-2. Emily Hughes and Esu Erdenebat split the first two sets at No. 6 singles, but it was suspended due to darkness.
1. Megan Hahn (LOY) d. Brittany Pilkington (GMU), 6-2, 7-6 (4)
2. Haleigh Morgus (LOY) d. Morgan Yang (GMU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Ashley Delaney (GMU) d. Katelyn Hissong (LOY), 6-0, 6-1
4. Ania Krawiec (LOY) d. Olivia Lacy-Thompson (GMU), 7-5, 6-2
5. Olivia Ott (LOY) d. Mina Saygi (GMU), 6-2, 6-2
6. Emily Hughes (LOY) and Esu Erdenebat (GMU), DNF Darkness
1. Pilkington/Delaney (GMU) d. Hahn/Ott (LOY), 7-6 (1)
2. Yang/Lacy-Thompson (GMU) d. Hissong/Krawiec (LOY), 8-7 (1)
3. Saygi/Boers (GMU) d. Morgus/Hughes (LOY), 8-2