April 5, 2014
BALTIMORE - Loyola University Maryland women's tennis did not lose a set on Saturday afternoon and defeated visiting Coppin State University, 7-0, at Butler Courts.
Olivia Ott and Emily Hughes combined for an 8-2 victory over Garenita Goede and Katherine Chisholm at No. 1 doubles, and Ania Krawiec and Alexandra Billups secured the doubles point with an 8-1 win over Ashley Milo and Zalica Sunkins at No. 2. The Greyhounds won the No. 3 doubles match by default.
The Greyhounds then won the first five singles matches in straight-sets and the No. 6 match by default.
Megan Hahn opened with a 6-0, 6-1, triumph over Goede at No. 1 singles, and Haleigh Morgus dealt Chisholm a 6-2, 6-1, loss at No. 2 Katelyn Hissong beat Milo, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 3 singles, and Ott was a 6-0, 6-1, winner over Sunkins. Tiffany Ash completed the sweep with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Miranda Taylor at No. 5.
The Greyhounds men and women are back in action on Sunday, April 6, starting at 11 a.m. against the U.S. Military Academy.
1. Megan Hahn (LOY) d. Garentia Goede (CSU), 6-0, 6-1
2. Haleigh Morgus (LOY) d. Katherine Chisholm (CSU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Katelyn Hissong (LOY) d. Ashley Milo (CSU), 6-1, 6-0
4. Olivia Ott (LOY) d. Zalica Sunkins (CSU), 6-0, 6-1
5. Tiffany Ash (LOY) d. Miranda Taylor (CSU), 6-3, 6-3
6. Emily Hughes (LOY) won by default
1. Olivia Ott/Emily Hughes (LOY) d. Goede/Chisholm (CSU), 8-2
2. Ania Krawiec/Alexandra Billups (LOY) d. Milo/Sunkins (CSU), 8-1
3. Megan Hahn/Haleigh Morgus won by default