|Date||Friday, November 11, 2016|
|Online Media||Game Center: Live Stats | Video|
• Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball begins its 46th season of action Friday, when it hosts Lipscomb University at 7 p.m. in Reitz Arena.
• The game will be the first of five in an 11-day season-opening stretch.
• The Greyhounds are in their fourth year of play in the Patriot League, a conference they joined prior to the 2013-2014 season.
• Joe Logan is starting his 12th season as Loyola’s head coach. A 1996 alum of the school, Logan is the program’s all-time leader in wins and carries a 149-187 record into the 2016-2017 campaign.
Loyola Greyhounds (0-0 overall, 0-0 Patriot League)
• The Greyhounds return 12 letterwinners from a year ago, but they are looking to replace a solid core that formed the Class of 2016 in Diana Logan, Colleen Marshall, Jeneh Perry and Steph Smith.
• Led by Marshall’s team-leading 14.9 points and Perry’s Loyola-high 9.0 rebounds from a year ago, that group contributed 64.4 percent of the Greyhounds’ points in 2015-2016 (1,124 total), 56.5 percent of rebounds (596), 44.4 percent of assists (154) and 61.9 percent of steals (164) while playing 52.1 percent of available minutes (3,332).
• Three players from that group – Marshall, Perry and Smith – were starters for the Greyhounds, but Bri Betz-White and Lisa Mirarchi return this season with a combined 144 starting assignments between them.
Lipscomb Bison (0-0 overall, 0-0 Atlantic Sun)
• Bison return six letterwinners and three starters – Alex Banks, Loren Cagle and Riley Northway - from a 2016-17 team that went 5-25 overall and 2-13 in the Atlantic Sun.
• Lipscomb is looking to make up for the departure of its leading scorer and rebounder, Ashley Southern. In 21 games, Southern averaged 18.1 points and 9.4 boards for the Bisons.
• Banks was the team’s second-leading scorer at 10.3 points per game, while Cagle chipped in 8.2.
Greg Brown, a 1993 graduate of Lipscomb, is in his fifth year as the Bison head coach. He has compiled a 22-96 overall record at the Nashville school.
• Loyola will head on the road for a pair of games at Cornell and Fairfield. Tipoff vs. the Big Red is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sunday.
• From there, the Greyhounds will remain on the road, heading to Fairfield Tuesday for a 7 p.m. contest.