March 7, 2014
Loyola University Maryland Athletics is proud to congratulate the men's golf and men's and women's rowing teams on winning the Loyola Student-Athlete Alumni Challenge and the $10,000 in prize money.
The men's golf team earned half the prize money for having an overall alumni giving percentage of 27 percent; the rowing program won the other half by having a 7.8 percent increase in alumni donors over those from fiscal year 2012-13.
Eight-hundred-ninety student-athlete alumni donors gave to Loyola Athletics during the challenge, ensuring every program benefited.
"Financial support from alumni is critical to the continued success of our athletic programs," said Jim Paquette, Loyola's assistant vice president and director of athletics. "It ensures our coaches have the ability to provide our student-athletes with the resources to be successful in the community, classroom and on the playing field. Thank you to everyone who participated in the challenge and is helping positively impact the lives of our student-athletes."
2013-14 Loyola Student-Athlete Alumni Challenge Summary:
(Data as of Feb 28, 2014 upon completion of the competition)
- 890 student-athlete alumni supported Loyola during the challenge (June 1, 2013 - Feb 28, 2014)
- Four teams surpassed their overall FY 2012-13 giving (Rowing, Women's Basketball, Women's Volleyball, and Men's Golf)
- 268 student-athlete alumni donated this year for the challenge who did not make a gift in FY 2012-2013
- 106 young alumni (graduated in the last five years) made a gift during the challenge
- Overall 19 percent participation rate from student-athlete alumni (as of 2/28/14)
Have not made your gift yet? You have until May 31, 2014 to be counted as a donor this fiscal year. Support your team at LoyolaGreyhounds.com/support or call 410-617-5145 today!