|Date||Wednesday, October 19, 2016|
|Online Media||Game Center: Live Stats | Video|
Women’s Soccer Midweek Matchup At Ridley
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team looks to hand the Bucknell Bison their first loss of the season. The match is slated to begin at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, October 19th at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Breast Cancer Awareness Game
• Wednesday night's game will be Breast Cancer Awareness Night for the Greyhounds. During the days leading up to the contest, the women's soccer team and Loyola Super Fans will be selling pink bracelets and collecting donations to support the IIIB Foundation. Visit keepthecandleglowing.org for more information on the organization!
Loyola Quick Hits (5-4-4, 1-2-3)
• Loyola is currently 5-3-4, 1-1-3 in Patriot League play, which marks it’s best start to a season under head coach Naomi Meiburger, who is in her third year as head coach of the Greyhounds.
• The last time out for the Greyhounds was a Patriot League loss to Army West Point, 2-1. Nicole Wahlig charted the only goal for Loyola, assisted by Beth Eversman. It was Wahlig’s third goal of the season, but wasn’t enough to send the Greyhounds past the Black Knights.
• Wahlig received an honorable mention nod from the Patriot League weekly honor roll last week for her performance in the team’s draw with Lehigh. This is the second time this season she has been credited by the Patriot League in the honor roll, once before in the second week of play, when she was named Defensive Player of the Week for the third time in her career.
• Five of the last seven matches have resulted in double-overtime periods for the Greyhounds, and six of their games this season have gone into double-overtime. Loyola is 1-1-3 in games that go into extra minutes this season.
About Bucknell (12-0-1, 6-0-0)
• The Bison are unbeaten this season and tops in the Patriot League.
• Bucknell’s only draw of the season came against Rider on Sept. 4. It has won every other match its have played it with its the highest margin of victory being eight points against Iona, where the Bison won, 8-0.
• The Bison have collected nine weekly awards on the Patriot League honor roll in eight weeks of play. Six different players have earned awards, Maddie Dano (Defensive), Kendall Ham (Offensive-2), Jackie Ham (Defensive), Jessica Ratner (Goalkeeper- 3), Maddie Mulford (Offensive) and Karlie Cirovski (Defensive).
• Ratner, the Bison’s senior goalkeeper, has started in all twelve games and charted eight shutouts throughout the season. Ratner was named Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week three weeks in a row. She has 42 saves to five goals allowed.
• Bucknell finished 11-6-3 overall and 6-1-2 in Patriot League play last season. They reached the Patriot League Tournament championship game but were defeated by Boston University, 1-0.
Series Against The Bison
• Loyola 3-3-1 when facing Bucknell and 0-3-0 in Patriot League play.
• The Greyhounds won the first three contests, the last being a 2-1 decision at Loyola’s home field in 2007.
• The following year, the two teams played to a 2-2 draw in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Loyola dropped last year’s contest, falling 2-0 to the Bison.
• Loyola looks to record its first win against Bucknell since joining the League in 2013.
• Loyola will host Colgate at Ridley Athletic Complex on Saturday, Oct. 22 for senior day. The match is set to begin at 5 p.m.