|Date||Wednesday, September 28, 2016|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Reeves Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Loyola Prepares For Midweek Patriot League Matchup
• The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team continues into Patriot League play at American University on Wednesday, Sept. 28. The match is set to begin at 4 p.m.
Loyola Quick Hits (5-2-2, 1-0-1)
• The Greyhounds are currently 5-2-2, 1-0-1 in Patriot League play, which marks their best start to a season under head coach Naomi Meiburger, and the best overall since 2004, when they went 6-3-0 through the first nine games. That same year Loyola won the MAAC Regular Season and Tournament Championships.
• Mia Sardella and Casey McKenzie earned Patriot League weekly honors this week, Sardella earning Midfielder of the Week and McKenzie Rookie of the Week, a first for both. Jourdan Ziff, hitting the field for the first time in the month of September against Navy, earned an honorable mention nod from the Patriot League this week.
• Sardella currently leads the team in assists with four, and is third in the Patriot League in assists per game. She charted her most recent assist in the Greyhounds' victory over Monmouth.
About American (1-10-0, 0-2-0)
• The American women's soccer team charted it's only win of the season over Longwood on Sept. 8, winning the match 1-0. Junior Kira Flaherty scored the lone goal for the Eagles.
• The Eagles are currently in their fourth season under head coach Anabel Hering and were picked to finish ninth in the Patriot League Preseason Poll.
• Last season resulted in a Patriot League tournament appearance for the Eagles, finishing last season with a 5-11-3, 2-4-3 record. They fell to Navy in the PL tournament quarterfinals last November.
Series Against The Eagles
• In a series that dates back to the Greyhounds' inaugural season in 1992, Loyola leads American in the series 9-2-2, and has won the last eight meetings.
• American is Loyola's longest standing rival in the Patriot League, as the two sides have met a total of 13 times.
• In the last eight matchups, Loyola has outscored American, 17-2.
• Last season the Greyhounds took home the victory with a 2-1 overtime win.
• The Greyhounds' first-ever Patriot League victory was recorded against the Eagles on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013. That year, Loyola defeated American, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds beat Navy in double-overtime, 2-1, on Saturday, Sept. 24, charting their first Patriot League win of the season.
• McKenzie and Ziff were a dynamic duo against the Midshipmen, each charting one goal and one assist. Ziff scored the first goal for the Greyhounds shortly after halftime off a pass from McKenzie. Navy quickly responded, sending the game into two overtimes.
• McKenzie scored the game-winner in the second overtime, a pass from Ziff in the 106th minute of play.
• Loyola will host Boston University at Ridley Athletic Complex on Saturday, Oct. 1. The match is set to begin at 2:30 p.m.