NCAA APR Recognition
NCAA Graduation Success Rate
NCAA Grad Rates
Jim Paquette began his tenure as Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics at Loyola University Maryland in February 2010. In the years since his arrival, the Greyhounds have achieved several milestones in the arenas of competition, academics and external revenue generation.
Loyola has appeared in 19 NCAA Tournaments since Paquette came to Loyola, won its first-ever NCAA Division I Championship, increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent, moved to the Patriot League and seen academic gains to points not previously reached.
In March 2016, Paquette was named a I-AAA Under Armour Athletic Director of the Year, an honor awarded at the June 2016 NACDA Convention.
An athletic administrator for more than two decades, He came to Loyola after 16 years on the athletic leadership team at Boston College where he served as the Associate Athletics Director for Development from 2002 until his arrival at Loyola.
He is a 1992 graduate of Providence College where he received his bachelor of arts, and he later completed his master’s degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts in 1994.
While the Greyhounds accomplishments since 2010 are significant, following are some of the highlights of Paquette’s tenure on the Evergreen campus:
- Since his arrival, five Loyola teams have made a total of 19 NCAA Championships appearances: men’s basketball (2012); men’s golf (2010-15); men’s lacrosse (2010, 2012-14, 2016), women’s lacrosse (2011-16); and women’s soccer (2012).
- The men’s lacrosse team won the 2012 NCAA Championship, capping a year in which the Greyhounds won a school record 17 games. The title was the Greyhounds’ first in any sport at the NCAA Division I level and just their second overall (1976 NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer).
- That program also reached the NCAA Semifinals for the fourth time in school history in 2016 after winning a Patriot League Championships.
- Loyola switched conference affiliations prior to the 2013-2014 academic year, moving to the Patriot League as an official member on July 1, 2013. The conference’s values of developing student-athletes academically, athletically and spiritually match those of Loyola’s, making the transition an ideal one for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola student-athletes have continued to excel in the classroom. The Greyhounds have been in the top-25 of NCAA graduation rate reports in the 10 years the organization has distributed the data.
- The cumulative grade-point average of Loyola student-athletes has risen from 3.115 in 2010 to 3.275 at the end of 2015-2016, and the number of student-athletes on the Loyola Dean's List has risen by more than 25 percent in that same time span. Student-athletes posted the highest GPA on record for a single semester in the spring of 2016, recording a cumulative mark of 3.370 with 29 earning 4.0 GPAs.
- In three years in the Patriot League, Loyola student-athletes have twice been named the Patriot League Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year for all sports (Franz Rassman, 2015-16; Joe Fletcher, 2013-14).
- The athletic department has increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent from 2010-16, highlighted by the 2013-2014 campaign that saw Loyola bring in $4.2 million of commitments, a record for the department.
- Built a new display area of the Loyola Athletics Hall of Fame outside Reitz Arena and induced the first class to the select ground in 10 years.
- Loyola’s fundraising for athletics has included a substantial increase in unrestricted gifts to athletics and an increase in endowed scholarships by 1,600 percent.
- Similarly, Loyola’s significant increases in corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and donations have allowed the athletic department to present a balanced budget to the University for several years after making up an operational deficit and overcoming budget reductions.
- In the spring of 2015, Loyola opened and dedicated the McClure Tennis Center at Ridley Athletic Complex, an eight-court, lighted facility that was made possible thanks to a $3.2 million gift to the athletic department for the development and construction of the facility.
- Loyola has installed four video boards and LED courtside signage in Reitz Arena following a $1 million gift from Jim ’80 and Hollis Forbes.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, the university launched the Loyola Leadership Academy in partnership with the Janssen Sports Leadership Center. The Academy helps develop, challenge, and support Loyola student-athletes and coaches in their quest to become world-class leaders in athletics, academics, and life.
- Loyola signed an agreement with Under Armour in Spring 2012 to make the brand the Official Outfitter of Loyola Athletics. The multi-year agreement was the first of its kind at Loyola and brought all sports under the same umbrella for uniforms, apparel and training gear.
- Several administrative areas within athletics have been reorganized, and new positions have been created or significantly upgraded. Several assistant coaching positions have been upgraded to full-time and staffing has been added for budget operations, academic support, marketing and sales, development, athletic communications and video production and sports performance.
- Has hired head coaches in the sports of men’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country and track and field and men’s golf.
- In 2011-2012, Loyola debuted free webstreaming of live games (rather than a subscription model), and viewership increased by 198 percent from 2010-2011. Since then, the Greyhounds have made the transition to the Patriot League Network (in cooperation with Campus Insiders) and have been a leader in live game production.
Paquette has maintained an active presence at the conference and national level both during his tenure at Loyola and prior to his arrival:
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Executive Committee (2013-present)
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Officer (2014-present)
- Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2016-present)
- Vice Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2014-2016)
- Chair – Patriot League Women’s Lacrosse Committee (2013-present)
- Chair – MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration (2011-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Television and Marketing Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Men’s Golf Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – ACC Development Committee (2007-2009)
- Vice Chair – ACC Men’s Tennis Committee (2006-2010)
- National Association of Athletic Development Directors
- Executive Committee (2005-2010)
- Third Vice President (2007)
- Second Vice President (2008)
- First Vice President (2009)
While at Boston College, Paquette led numerous fundraising milestones for the school:
- Boston College secured more than $211 million in athletic fundraising commitments during his tenure.
- The Eagles secured $27 million for the Yawkey Athletics Center, making it the first building on campus to be 100 percent privately funded.
- Boston College Athletics raised the cash received by 750 percent from 1994 to 2009 and set fundraising records each and every year..
- Paquette was responsible for the leasing and management of Boston College’s 54 luxury suites, and he helped increase the annual suite revenue by 59 percent from 2004-2009.
Paquette and his wife, Erin have two sons, James and Brian, and the family lives in the Baltimore area.
Burch, Cash Take Fourth At Loyola Invitational
Loyola University Maryland men’s tennis players Reid Burch and C.J. Cash took fourth place ...
McKenzie's 2OT Goal Give Women's Soccer Win...
Casey McKenzie took a Jourdan Ziff pass, ran past her defender and scored the game-winning goal...
Men's Soccer Tops Lafayette, 2-0, In Patriot...
Freshman Josh Fawole scored his first career goal in the fifth minute and sophomore Mickey Watson...
Volleyball Cleans Up Last Night’s Error, ...
Less than 24 hours after committing 32 hitting errors and giving up 26 points on serve-receive...
Cross Country Runs Against Nationally-Ranked...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's cross country teams resumed their seasons on...
Women's Soccer Hosts Navy For Weekend Patriot...
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team prepares to host Navy on...
Men's Invitational On Tap For The Weekend At...
Loyola University Maryland men's tennis will host its second-annual invitational Sept. 23-25, at ...
Lafayette Rallies, Outlasts Volleyball In Five-...
Down 21-14 in the second set and facing a 2-0 deficit in the match, Lafayette College scored nine...
Tuesday, Sept 27 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Primland Intercollegiate All Day Live Results Wednesday, Sept 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at American 4:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Sept 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball at Holy Cross 7:00 PM Video
Saturday, Oct 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Navy 12:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Soccer Boston University 2:30 PM Video Women's Tennis Loyola Invitational 9:00 AM Swimming & Diving Green vs. Grey 10:00 AM Cross Country at Paul Short Run 11:45 AM Women's Volleyball at Army West Point 4:00 PM Live Stats Sunday, Oct 2 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis Loyola Invitational 9:00 AM Wednesday, Oct 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at American 3:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Oct 7 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 3:00 PM Men's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 3:00 PM Swimming & Diving American 6:00 PM Saturday, Oct 8 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Boston University 1:00 PM Video Women's Soccer Lehigh 7:00 PM Video Women's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Volleyball Bucknell 2:00 PM Swimming & Diving Alumni Meet 4:00 PM Sunday, Oct 9 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Mount St. Marys Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Volleyball Colgate 2:00 PM Monday, Oct 10 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Alister MacKenzie Invitational All Day Tuesday, Oct 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at St. Johns 7:00 PM Live Stats Men's Golf vs Alister MacKenzie Invitational All Day Friday, Oct 14 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis at Patriot League Kickoff Tournament 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Patriot League Kickoff Tournament 12:00 PM Women's Volleyball American 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Lehigh 7:00 PM Video Women's Soccer at Army West Point 7:00 PM Live Stats Men's Tennis at Patriot League Kickoff Tournament 9:00 AM Swimming & Diving Colgate 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball at Navy 4:00 PM Cross Country at Princeton Invitational TBA Crew vs Navy Day Regatta All Day Sunday, Oct 16 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis at Patriot League Kickoff Tournament 9:00 AM Monday, Oct 17 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Elon Phoenix Invitational All Day Tuesday, Oct 18 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Elon Phoenix Invitational All Day Wednesday, Oct 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer Bucknell 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 22 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Army West Point 7:00 PM Video
Women's Soccer Colgate 5:00 PM Video Swimming & Diving Lafayette 1:00 PM Crew vs Head of the Charles Regatta All Day Friday, Oct 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Swimming & Diving Johns Hopkins 5:00 PM Saturday, Oct 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Cross Country vs Patriot League Championships 11:00 AM Crew vs Head of the Schuylkill Regatta All Day Monday, Oct 31 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Kiawah Classic All Day Thursday, Nov 3 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball Johns Hopkins TBA Saturday, Nov 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Crew vs Head of the Occoquan Regatta All Day Friday, Nov 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at Duquesne TBA Women's Basketball Lipscomb TBA Cross Country vs NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regionals 12:00 PM Saturday, Nov 12 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Crew vs Frostbite Regatta All Day Sunday, Nov 13 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball at Cornell TBA Crew vs Bill Braxton Regatta All Day Monday, Nov 14 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball Millersville TBA Tuesday, Nov 15 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball at Fairfield TBA Wednesday, Nov 16 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at LIU Brooklyn TBA Friday, Nov 18 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at Notre Dame TBA Saturday, Nov 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball St. Francis Brooklyn TBA Monday, Nov 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball at Pittsburgh TBA Wednesday, Nov 23 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball Fairfield TBA Wednesday, Nov 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball Columbia TBA
Tuesday, Sept 20 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer Pittsburgh W, 2-1 Live Stats | Video Women's Soccer Monmouth (N.J.) W, 3-2 Live Stats Video
Friday, Sept 23 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Cross Country Panorama Farms Invitational Men: 14th; Women: 12th Final Results
| Live Results
Women's Tennis St. Joseph's Invitational 1:00 PM | Men's Tennis Loyola Invitational 2:00 PM | Tournament Central Women's Volleyball Lafayette L, 3-2 | Video Saturday, Sept 24 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer Lafayette W, 2-0 Live Stats | Video Women's Soccer Navy W, 2-1 (2OT) Live Stats | Video Men's Tennis Loyola Invitational 9:00 AM | Tournament Central Women's Tennis St. Joseph's Invitational 9:00 AM | Women's Volleyball Lehigh L, 3-0 Live Stats | Video Sunday, Sept 25 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Tennis Loyola Invitational 9:00 AM | Tournament Central Women's Tennis St. Joseph's Invitational 9:00 AM | Monday, Sept 26 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Golf Primland Intercollegiate All Day | Live Results Tuesday, Sept 27 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Golf Primland Intercollegiate All Day | Live Results