NCAA Grad Rates
Jim Paquette began his tenure as Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics at Loyola University Maryland in February 2010. In the years since his arrival, the Greyhounds have achieved several milestones in the arenas of competition, academics and external revenue generation.
Loyola has appeared in 17 NCAA Tournaments since Paquette came to Loyola, won its first-ever NCAA Division I Championship, increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent, moved to the Patriot League and seen academic gains to points not previously reached.
An athletic administrator for more than two decades, He came to Loyola after 16 years on the athletic leadership team at Boston College where he served as the Associate Athletics Director for Development from 2002 until his arrival at Loyola.
He is a 1992 graduate of Providence College where he received his bachelor of arts, and he later completed his master’s degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts in 1994.
While the Greyhounds accomplishments since 2010 are significant, following are some of the highlights of Paquette’s tenure on the Evergreen campus:
- Since his arrival, five Loyola teams have made a total of 17 NCAA Championships appearances: men’s basketball (2012); men’s golf (2010-15); men’s lacrosse (2010, 2012-14), women’s lacrosse (2011-15); and women’s soccer (2012).
- The men’s lacrosse team won the 2012 NCAA Championship, capping a year in which the Greyhounds won a school record 17 games. The title was the Greyhounds’ first in any sport at the NCAA Division I level and just their second overall (1976 NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer).
- Loyola switched conference affiliations prior to the 2013-2014 academic year, moving to the Patriot League as an official member on July 1, 2013. The conference’s values of developing student-athletes academically, athletically and spiritually match those of Loyola’s, making the transition an ideal one for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola student-athletes have continued to excel in the classroom. The Greyhounds have been in the top-25 of NCAA graduation rate reports in the 10 years the organization has distributed the data.
- The cumulative grade-point average of Loyola student-athletes has risen from 3.115 in 2010 to 3.278 at the end of 2014-2015, and the number of student-athletes on the Loyola Dean’s List has risen by more than 20 percent in that same time span.
- The athletic department has increased its fundraising by 706 percent from 2010-15, highlighted by the 2013-2014 campaign that saw Loyola bring in $4.2 million of commitments, a record for the department.
- Built a new display area of the Loyola Athletics Hall of Fame outside Reitz Arena and induced the first class to the select ground in 10 years.
- Loyola’s fundraising for athletics has included a substantial increase in unrestricted gifts to athletics and an increase in endowed scholarships by 1,600 percent.
- Similarly, Loyola’s significant increases in corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and donations have allowed the athletic department to present a balanced budget to the University for several years after making up an operational deficit and overcoming budget reductions.
- In the spring of 2015, Loyola opened and dedicated the McClure Tennis Center at Ridley Athletic Complex, an eight-court, lighted facility that was made possible thanks to a $3.2 million gift to the athletic department for the development and construction of the facility.
- Loyola has installed four video boards and LED courtside signage in Reitz Arena following a $1 million gift from Jim ’80 and Hollis Forbes.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, the university launched the Loyola Leadership Academy in partnership with the Janssen Sports Leadership Center. The Academy helps develop, challenge, and support Loyola student-athletes and coaches in their quest to become world-class leaders in athletics, academics, and life.
- Loyola signed an agreement with Under Armour in Spring 2012 to make the brand the Official Outfitter of Loyola Athletics. The multi-year agreement was the first of its kind at Loyola and brought all sports under the same umbrella for uniforms, apparel and training gear.
- Several administrative areas within athletics have been reorganized, and new positions have been created or significantly upgraded. Several assistant coaching positions have been upgraded to full-time and staffing has been added for budget operations, academic support, marketing and sales, development, athletic communications and video production and sports performance.
- Has hired head coaches in the sports of men’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country and track and field and men’s golf.
- In 2011-2012, Loyola debuted free webstreaming of live games (rather than a subscription model), and viewership increased by 198 percent from 2010-2011. Since then, the Greyhounds have made the transition to the Patriot League Network (in cooperation with Campus Insiders) and have been a leader in live game production.
Paquette has maintained an active presence at the conference and national level both during his tenure at Loyola and prior to his arrival:
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Executive Committee (2013-present)
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Officer (2014-present)
- Vice Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2014-present)
- Chair – Patriot League Women’s Lacrosse Committee (2013-present)
- Chair – MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration (2011-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Television and Marketing Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Men’s Golf Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – ACC Development Committee (2007-2009)
- Vice Chair – ACC Men’s Tennis Committee (2006-2010)
- National Association of Athletic Development Directors
- Executive Committee (2005-2010)
- Third Vice President (2007)
- Second Vice President (2008)
- First Vice President (2009)
While at Boston College, Paquette led numerous fundraising milestones for the school:
- Boston College secured more than $211 million in athletic fundraising commitments during his tenure.
- The Eagles secured $27 million for the Yawkey Athletics Center, making it the first building on campus to be 100 percent privately funded.
- Boston College Athletics raised the cash received by 750 percent from 1994 to 2009 and set fundraising records each and every year..
- Paquette was responsible for the leasing and management of Boston College’s 54 luxury suites, and he helped increase the annual suite revenue by 59 percent from 2004-2009.
Paquette and his wife, Erin have two sons, James and Brian, and the family lives in the Baltimore area.
La Salle Hosts Men's Soccer In Monday Night...
The Loyola men's soccer team travels to La Salle Monday night for a 7 p.m., contest against the...
Women's Soccer Drops First-Ever Match To Cornell
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team gave up a goal late in the first half on...
Men's Soccer, Saint Francis (Pa.) Play To...
In front of 1,107 enthusiastic fans, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team opened the ...
Oshrine Named To Patriot League 25th...
Matt Oshrine was named to the Patriot League Men's Golf 25th Anniversary Team this week, an honor...
Volleyball Drops Two Four-Set Matches On...
Stacey Kazalas had 25 kills in two four-set matches, but Loyola University Maryland lost to both ...
Temple's Early Scoring Lifts Owls Past Women's ...
Temple University used an early first-half scoring surge to top the Loyola University Maryland...
Volleyball Opens Season Saturday At Robert...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will open its 2015 season this weekend at the Robert Morris...
Men's Soccer Opens Season At Home Friday...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will open its 73rd season of competition on...
Monday, Aug 31 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at La Salle L, 1-0 Live Stats | Video
Tuesday, Sept 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball Howard 7:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Sept 4 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Saint Francis Pa 4:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Georgia State 12:30 PM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Women's Volleyball at High Point 5:00 PM Video
Cross Country at Mount St Marys Duals All Day Saturday, Sept 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Old Dominion 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Volleyball vs South Carolina State 1:00 PM Sunday, Sept 6 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Tuesday, Sept 8 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Duke 7:00 PM Women's Volleyball Saint Francis Pa 7:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Sept 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at UMBC 7:30 PM Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Manhattan 4:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer UMBC 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Golf vs Rod Myers Invitational All Day Cross Country at Salty Dog Invite All Day Sunday, Sept 13 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer vs Towson 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Golf vs Rod Myers Invitational All Day Saturday, Sept 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at George Washington 1:00 PM Live Stats Women's Soccer Lafayette 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Lacrosse Alumnae Game 11:00 AM Monday, Sept 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Fighting Irish Golf Classic All Day Tuesday, Sept 22 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Fighting Irish Golf Classic All Day Saturday, Sept 26 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Navy 8:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Women's Soccer at Navy 5:30 PM Live Stats Monday, Sept 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Primland Collegiate Invitational All Day Tuesday, Sept 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Primland Collegiate Invitational All Day Wednesday, Sept 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer American 7:00 PM Live Stats Video
Monday, Aug 24 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Monmouth Postponed Live Stats | Video Tuesday, Aug 25 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Monmouth L, 2-0 | Video Friday, Aug 28 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer Saint Francis (Pa.) T, 0-0 (2OT) Live Stats | Video Women's Soccer Temple L, 4-0 Live Stats|Video
Saturday, Aug 29 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Volleyball UMBC L, 3-1 | Live Stats Women's Volleyball Robert Morris L, 3-1 | Sunday, Aug 30 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Cornell L, 2-0 | Live Stats Women's Volleyball Canisius L, 3-0 | Live Stats Monday, Aug 31 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer La Salle L, 1-0 Live Stats | Video