NCAA Graduation Success Rate
NCAA Grad Rates
Jim Paquette began his tenure as Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics at Loyola University Maryland in February 2010. In the years since his arrival, the Greyhounds have achieved several milestones in the arenas of competition, academics and external revenue generation.
Loyola has appeared in 17 NCAA Tournaments since Paquette came to Loyola, won its first-ever NCAA Division I Championship, increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent, moved to the Patriot League and seen academic gains to points not previously reached.
An athletic administrator for more than two decades, He came to Loyola after 16 years on the athletic leadership team at Boston College where he served as the Associate Athletics Director for Development from 2002 until his arrival at Loyola.
He is a 1992 graduate of Providence College where he received his bachelor of arts, and he later completed his master’s degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts in 1994.
While the Greyhounds accomplishments since 2010 are significant, following are some of the highlights of Paquette’s tenure on the Evergreen campus:
- Since his arrival, five Loyola teams have made a total of 17 NCAA Championships appearances: men’s basketball (2012); men’s golf (2010-15); men’s lacrosse (2010, 2012-14), women’s lacrosse (2011-15); and women’s soccer (2012).
- The men’s lacrosse team won the 2012 NCAA Championship, capping a year in which the Greyhounds won a school record 17 games. The title was the Greyhounds’ first in any sport at the NCAA Division I level and just their second overall (1976 NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer).
- Loyola switched conference affiliations prior to the 2013-2014 academic year, moving to the Patriot League as an official member on July 1, 2013. The conference’s values of developing student-athletes academically, athletically and spiritually match those of Loyola’s, making the transition an ideal one for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola student-athletes have continued to excel in the classroom. The Greyhounds have been in the top-25 of NCAA graduation rate reports in the 10 years the organization has distributed the data.
- The cumulative grade-point average of Loyola student-athletes has risen from 3.115 in 2010 to 3.278 at the end of 2014-2015, and the number of student-athletes on the Loyola Dean’s List has risen by more than 20 percent in that same time span.
- The athletic department has increased its fundraising by 706 percent from 2010-15, highlighted by the 2013-2014 campaign that saw Loyola bring in $4.2 million of commitments, a record for the department.
- Built a new display area of the Loyola Athletics Hall of Fame outside Reitz Arena and induced the first class to the select ground in 10 years.
- Loyola’s fundraising for athletics has included a substantial increase in unrestricted gifts to athletics and an increase in endowed scholarships by 1,600 percent.
- Similarly, Loyola’s significant increases in corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and donations have allowed the athletic department to present a balanced budget to the University for several years after making up an operational deficit and overcoming budget reductions.
- In the spring of 2015, Loyola opened and dedicated the McClure Tennis Center at Ridley Athletic Complex, an eight-court, lighted facility that was made possible thanks to a $3.2 million gift to the athletic department for the development and construction of the facility.
- Loyola has installed four video boards and LED courtside signage in Reitz Arena following a $1 million gift from Jim ’80 and Hollis Forbes.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, the university launched the Loyola Leadership Academy in partnership with the Janssen Sports Leadership Center. The Academy helps develop, challenge, and support Loyola student-athletes and coaches in their quest to become world-class leaders in athletics, academics, and life.
- Loyola signed an agreement with Under Armour in Spring 2012 to make the brand the Official Outfitter of Loyola Athletics. The multi-year agreement was the first of its kind at Loyola and brought all sports under the same umbrella for uniforms, apparel and training gear.
- Several administrative areas within athletics have been reorganized, and new positions have been created or significantly upgraded. Several assistant coaching positions have been upgraded to full-time and staffing has been added for budget operations, academic support, marketing and sales, development, athletic communications and video production and sports performance.
- Has hired head coaches in the sports of men’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country and track and field and men’s golf.
- In 2011-2012, Loyola debuted free webstreaming of live games (rather than a subscription model), and viewership increased by 198 percent from 2010-2011. Since then, the Greyhounds have made the transition to the Patriot League Network (in cooperation with Campus Insiders) and have been a leader in live game production.
Paquette has maintained an active presence at the conference and national level both during his tenure at Loyola and prior to his arrival:
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Executive Committee (2013-present)
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Officer (2014-present)
- Vice Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2014-present)
- Chair – Patriot League Women’s Lacrosse Committee (2013-present)
- Chair – MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration (2011-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Television and Marketing Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Men’s Golf Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – ACC Development Committee (2007-2009)
- Vice Chair – ACC Men’s Tennis Committee (2006-2010)
- National Association of Athletic Development Directors
- Executive Committee (2005-2010)
- Third Vice President (2007)
- Second Vice President (2008)
- First Vice President (2009)
While at Boston College, Paquette led numerous fundraising milestones for the school:
- Boston College secured more than $211 million in athletic fundraising commitments during his tenure.
- The Eagles secured $27 million for the Yawkey Athletics Center, making it the first building on campus to be 100 percent privately funded.
- Boston College Athletics raised the cash received by 750 percent from 1994 to 2009 and set fundraising records each and every year..
- Paquette was responsible for the leasing and management of Boston College’s 54 luxury suites, and he helped increase the annual suite revenue by 59 percent from 2004-2009.
Paquette and his wife, Erin have two sons, James and Brian, and the family lives in the Baltimore area.
Boston University Up Next For Women's Basketball
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team hits the road to take on Boston University...
Boston U., Men's Basketball Meet Saturday At 1 ...
Loyola University Maryland men's basketball wraps up a two-game homestand on Saturday, Feb. 13,...
Regular-Season Starts Saturday For Men's...
The Loyola University Maryland men's lacrosse team opens its 77th season of competition on...
Rassman Earns Third-Straight Academic All-Distr...
Franz Rassman, a senior forward on the Loyola University Maryland men's basketball team was named...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Track Competes At Final Meet Before League...
In the final week before the Patriot League Championships, the Loyola University Maryland women's...
Late Free Throws Dictate Women's Basketball...
With just under two minutes to play in the fourth quarter, senior Colleen Marshall pulled the...
Navy Leads Wire-To-Wire In Win Over Men's...
The U.S. Naval Academy jumped out to an 11-2 lead in just over four minutes, and the Midshipmen...
Saturday, Feb 13 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball Boston University L, 73-65 Live Stats Video Women's Basketball at Boston University W, 67-46 Video
Men's Lacrosse at Virginia W, 11-4 Live Stats Video Sunday, Feb 14 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Lacrosse at Syracuse 12:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Men's Tennis at Mary Washington 2:00 PM Wednesday, Feb 17 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at Bucknell 7:00 PM Live Stats Video
Women's Basketball Bucknell 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Swimming & Diving vs Patriot League Championships All Day Thursday, Feb 18 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Swimming & Diving vs Patriot League Championships All Day Friday, Feb 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Track at Patriot League Championship All Day Swimming & Diving vs Patriot League Championships All Day Saturday, Feb 20 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Lacrosse Johns Hopkins 1:00 PM Live Stats Video Swimming & Diving vs Patriot League Championships All Day Women's Track at Patriot League Championship All Day Sunday, Feb 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at Colgate 12:00 PM Video Women's Basketball Colgate 2:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Track at Patriot League Championship All Day Wednesday, Feb 24 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball Holy Cross 7:30 PM Live Stats Video Women's Basketball at Holy Cross 7:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Women's Lacrosse at Johns Hopkins 5:00 PM Friday, Feb 26 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Swimming & Diving vs ECAC Championships All Day Saturday, Feb 27 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball at American 12:00 PM Live Stats Video
Women's Basketball at American 4:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Men's Lacrosse Lafayette 1:00 PM Live Stats Video Swimming & Diving vs ECAC Championships All Day Sunday, Feb 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Lacrosse Towson 1:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Tennis vs Chestnut Hill TBA Men's Golf vs Loyola Intercollegiate All Day Men's Tennis vs Chestnut Hill TBA Monday, Feb 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis vs Wartburg TBA Men's Golf vs Loyola Intercollegiate All Day Women's Tennis vs Wartburg TBA Men's Tennis vs Rose-Hulman TBA Tuesday, Mar 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball vs Patriot League First Round TBA Men's Golf vs Loyola Intercollegiate All Day Wednesday, Mar 2 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Basketball Holy Cross 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Lacrosse Towson 4:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis vs Augustana Ill. TBA Women's Tennis vs Augustana Ill. TBA Thursday, Mar 3 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Track vs ECAC Championship All Day Women's Tennis vs John Carroll TBA Men's Tennis vs John Carroll TBA Friday, Mar 4 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Track vs ECAC Championship All Day Women's Tennis vs Davenport TBA Saturday, Mar 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Lacrosse at Penn State 1:00 PM Live Stats Men's Lacrosse at Holy Cross 1:00 PM Women's Track vs ECAC Championship All Day Wednesday, Mar 9 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Lacrosse Virginia 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Saturday, Mar 12 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Lacrosse Duke 11:00 AM Live Stats Women's Tennis at Lafayette 2:30 PM Crew vs Lehigh All Day
Saturday, Feb 6 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Basketball Army West Point W, 100-99 (2OT) Live Stats Video
Women's Basketball Army West Point L, 52-44 Live Stats | Video Women's Track Armory Invitational NTS | Women's Lacrosse Florida L, 15-6 Live Stats | Video
Wednesday, Feb 10 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Basketball Navy L, 71-51 Live Stats | Video Women's Basketball Navy L, 45-38 Video
Live Stats |
Thursday, Feb 11 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Track Multi-Mix Meet NTS | Saturday, Feb 13 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Basketball Boston University L, 73-65 Live Stats | Video Women's Basketball Boston University W, 67-46 Video
Live Stats |
Men's Lacrosse Virginia W, 11-4 Live Stats | Video