NCAA APR Recognition
NCAA Graduation Success Rate
NCAA Grad Rates
Jim Paquette began his tenure as Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics at Loyola University Maryland in February 2010. In the years since his arrival, the Greyhounds have achieved several milestones in the arenas of competition, academics and external revenue generation.
Loyola has appeared in 17 NCAA Tournaments since Paquette came to Loyola, won its first-ever NCAA Division I Championship, increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent, moved to the Patriot League and seen academic gains to points not previously reached.
In March 2016, Paquette was named a I-AAA Under Armour Athletic Director of the Year, an honor awarded at the June 2016 NACDA Convention.
An athletic administrator for more than two decades, He came to Loyola after 16 years on the athletic leadership team at Boston College where he served as the Associate Athletics Director for Development from 2002 until his arrival at Loyola.
He is a 1992 graduate of Providence College where he received his bachelor of arts, and he later completed his master’s degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts in 1994.
While the Greyhounds accomplishments since 2010 are significant, following are some of the highlights of Paquette’s tenure on the Evergreen campus:
- Since his arrival, five Loyola teams have made a total of 17 NCAA Championships appearances: men’s basketball (2012); men’s golf (2010-15); men’s lacrosse (2010, 2012-14), women’s lacrosse (2011-15); and women’s soccer (2012).
- The men’s lacrosse team won the 2012 NCAA Championship, capping a year in which the Greyhounds won a school record 17 games. The title was the Greyhounds’ first in any sport at the NCAA Division I level and just their second overall (1976 NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer).
- Loyola switched conference affiliations prior to the 2013-2014 academic year, moving to the Patriot League as an official member on July 1, 2013. The conference’s values of developing student-athletes academically, athletically and spiritually match those of Loyola’s, making the transition an ideal one for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola student-athletes have continued to excel in the classroom. The Greyhounds have been in the top-25 of NCAA graduation rate reports in the 10 years the organization has distributed the data.
- The cumulative grade-point average of Loyola student-athletes has risen from 3.115 in 2010 to 3.278 at the end of 2014-2015, and the number of student-athletes on the Loyola Dean's List has risen by more than 20 percent in that same time span. Student-athletes posted the highest GPA on record for a single semester in the fall of 2015, recording a cumulative mark of 3.319 with 27 earning 4.0 GPAs.
- The athletic department has increased its fundraising by 706 percent from 2010-15, highlighted by the 2013-2014 campaign that saw Loyola bring in $4.2 million of commitments, a record for the department.
- Built a new display area of the Loyola Athletics Hall of Fame outside Reitz Arena and induced the first class to the select ground in 10 years.
- Loyola’s fundraising for athletics has included a substantial increase in unrestricted gifts to athletics and an increase in endowed scholarships by 1,600 percent.
- Similarly, Loyola’s significant increases in corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and donations have allowed the athletic department to present a balanced budget to the University for several years after making up an operational deficit and overcoming budget reductions.
- In the spring of 2015, Loyola opened and dedicated the McClure Tennis Center at Ridley Athletic Complex, an eight-court, lighted facility that was made possible thanks to a $3.2 million gift to the athletic department for the development and construction of the facility.
- Loyola has installed four video boards and LED courtside signage in Reitz Arena following a $1 million gift from Jim ’80 and Hollis Forbes.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, the university launched the Loyola Leadership Academy in partnership with the Janssen Sports Leadership Center. The Academy helps develop, challenge, and support Loyola student-athletes and coaches in their quest to become world-class leaders in athletics, academics, and life.
- Loyola signed an agreement with Under Armour in Spring 2012 to make the brand the Official Outfitter of Loyola Athletics. The multi-year agreement was the first of its kind at Loyola and brought all sports under the same umbrella for uniforms, apparel and training gear.
- Several administrative areas within athletics have been reorganized, and new positions have been created or significantly upgraded. Several assistant coaching positions have been upgraded to full-time and staffing has been added for budget operations, academic support, marketing and sales, development, athletic communications and video production and sports performance.
- Has hired head coaches in the sports of men’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country and track and field and men’s golf.
- In 2011-2012, Loyola debuted free webstreaming of live games (rather than a subscription model), and viewership increased by 198 percent from 2010-2011. Since then, the Greyhounds have made the transition to the Patriot League Network (in cooperation with Campus Insiders) and have been a leader in live game production.
Paquette has maintained an active presence at the conference and national level both during his tenure at Loyola and prior to his arrival:
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Executive Committee (2013-present)
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Officer (2014-present)
- Vice Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2014-present)
- Chair – Patriot League Women’s Lacrosse Committee (2013-present)
- Chair – MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration (2011-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Television and Marketing Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Men’s Golf Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – ACC Development Committee (2007-2009)
- Vice Chair – ACC Men’s Tennis Committee (2006-2010)
- National Association of Athletic Development Directors
- Executive Committee (2005-2010)
- Third Vice President (2007)
- Second Vice President (2008)
- First Vice President (2009)
While at Boston College, Paquette led numerous fundraising milestones for the school:
- Boston College secured more than $211 million in athletic fundraising commitments during his tenure.
- The Eagles secured $27 million for the Yawkey Athletics Center, making it the first building on campus to be 100 percent privately funded.
- Boston College Athletics raised the cash received by 750 percent from 1994 to 2009 and set fundraising records each and every year..
- Paquette was responsible for the leasing and management of Boston College’s 54 luxury suites, and he helped increase the annual suite revenue by 59 percent from 2004-2009.
Paquette and his wife, Erin have two sons, James and Brian, and the family lives in the Baltimore area.
Women's Soccer Announces 2016 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team has announced its 16-game schedule for the...
Van Arsdale Named Loyola Men’s Lacrosse...
Loyola University Maryland head men’s lacrosse coach Charley Toomey announced the hiring of...
Coan, Gialamas Make Team USA For Paralympic...
Two Loyola University Maryland swimmers, McKenzie Coan and Alyssa Gialamas have been selected to ...
More Than 200 Greyhounds Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 202 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League...
Coan, Gialamas Begin Competition At US...
Loyola University Maryland swimmers McKenzie Coan and Alyssa Gialamas will look to qualify for a ...
Greyhounds Continue To Reach New Heights In...
Loyola University Maryland student-athletes continued their outstanding work in the classroom...
Cono To Compete In 100 Breast At U.S. Swimming ...
Loyola University Maryland rising junior Ben Cono will travel to Omaha, Nebraska, to compete in...
Four Greyhounds Invited To Tryout For US Women'...
Four Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 105 players that have been...
Friday, Aug 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Mount St. Marys 7:00 PM Sunday, Aug 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer UMBC 4:00 PM Live Stats Video Thursday, Aug 25 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer Saint Francis Pa. 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Friday, Aug 26 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer La Salle 7:00 PM Live Stats Women's Volleyball at The Citadel 1:00 PM Saturday, Aug 27 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball vs Gardner-Webb 9:00 AM Women's Volleyball vs Morehead State 2:30 PM Sunday, Aug 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer St. Johns 4:00 PM Live Stats Video Monday, Aug 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Saint Francis Pa. 1:00 PM Friday, Sept 2 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Old Dominion 7:00 PM Women's Soccer Cornell 6:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Volleyball vs Delaware State 12:30 PM Women's Volleyball at UMBC 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 3 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball vs Akron 1:00 PM Sunday, Sept 4 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Delaware 7:00 PM Wednesday, Sept 7 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer George Washington 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Friday, Sept 9 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Saturday, Sept 10 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer High Point 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Cross Country at Salty Dog Invitational 11:30 AM Sunday, Sept 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Friday, Sept 16 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Tennis at St. Josephs Invitational 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Navy Invitational 12:00 PM Saturday, Sept 17 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at UConn 7:00 PM Men's Tennis at St. Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Navy Invitational 9:00 AM Sunday, Sept 18 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Navy Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at St. Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Friday, Sept 23 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Cross Country at Panorama Farms Invitational 10:00 AM Saturday, Oct 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Cross Country at Paul Short Run 11:45 AM Saturday, Oct 15 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Cross Country at Princeton Invitational TBA
There are no event results at this time.