NCAA Grad Rates
Jim Paquette began his tenure as Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics at Loyola University Maryland in February 2010. In the years since his arrival, the Greyhounds have achieved several milestones in the arenas of competition, academics and external revenue generation.
Loyola has appeared in 17 NCAA Tournaments since Paquette came to Loyola, won its first-ever NCAA Division I Championship, increased its fundraising by more than 700 percent, moved to the Patriot League and seen academic gains to points not previously reached.
An athletic administrator for more than two decades, He came to Loyola after 16 years on the athletic leadership team at Boston College where he served as the Associate Athletics Director for Development from 2002 until his arrival at Loyola.
He is a 1992 graduate of Providence College where he received his bachelor of arts, and he later completed his master’s degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts in 1994.
While the Greyhounds accomplishments since 2010 are significant, following are some of the highlights of Paquette’s tenure on the Evergreen campus:
- Since his arrival, five Loyola teams have made a total of 17 NCAA Championships appearances: men’s basketball (2012); men’s golf (2010-15); men’s lacrosse (2010, 2012-14), women’s lacrosse (2011-15); and women’s soccer (2012).
- The men’s lacrosse team won the 2012 NCAA Championship, capping a year in which the Greyhounds won a school record 17 games. The title was the Greyhounds’ first in any sport at the NCAA Division I level and just their second overall (1976 NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer).
- Loyola switched conference affiliations prior to the 2013-2014 academic year, moving to the Patriot League as an official member on July 1, 2013. The conference’s values of developing student-athletes academically, athletically and spiritually match those of Loyola’s, making the transition an ideal one for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola student-athletes have continued to excel in the classroom. The Greyhounds have been in the top-25 of NCAA graduation rate reports in the 10 years the organization has distributed the data.
- The cumulative grade-point average of Loyola student-athletes has risen from 3.115 in 2010 to 3.278 at the end of 2014-2015, and the number of student-athletes on the Loyola Dean’s List has risen by more than 20 percent in that same time span.
- The athletic department has increased its fundraising by 706 percent from 2010-15, highlighted by the 2013-2014 campaign that saw Loyola bring in $4.2 million of commitments, a record for the department.
- Built a new display area of the Loyola Athletics Hall of Fame outside Reitz Arena and induced the first class to the select ground in 10 years.
- Loyola’s fundraising for athletics has included a substantial increase in unrestricted gifts to athletics and an increase in endowed scholarships by 1,600 percent.
- Similarly, Loyola’s significant increases in corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and donations have allowed the athletic department to present a balanced budget to the University for several years after making up an operational deficit and overcoming budget reductions.
- In the spring of 2015, Loyola opened and dedicated the McClure Tennis Center at Ridley Athletic Complex, an eight-court, lighted facility that was made possible thanks to a $3.2 million gift to the athletic department for the development and construction of the facility.
- Loyola has installed four video boards and LED courtside signage in Reitz Arena following a $1 million gift from Jim ’80 and Hollis Forbes.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, the university launched the Loyola Leadership Academy in partnership with the Janssen Sports Leadership Center. The Academy helps develop, challenge, and support Loyola student-athletes and coaches in their quest to become world-class leaders in athletics, academics, and life.
- Loyola signed an agreement with Under Armour in Spring 2012 to make the brand the Official Outfitter of Loyola Athletics. The multi-year agreement was the first of its kind at Loyola and brought all sports under the same umbrella for uniforms, apparel and training gear.
- Several administrative areas within athletics have been reorganized, and new positions have been created or significantly upgraded. Several assistant coaching positions have been upgraded to full-time and staffing has been added for budget operations, academic support, marketing and sales, development, athletic communications and video production and sports performance.
- Has hired head coaches in the sports of men’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country and track and field and men’s golf.
- In 2011-2012, Loyola debuted free webstreaming of live games (rather than a subscription model), and viewership increased by 198 percent from 2010-2011. Since then, the Greyhounds have made the transition to the Patriot League Network (in cooperation with Campus Insiders) and have been a leader in live game production.
Paquette has maintained an active presence at the conference and national level both during his tenure at Loyola and prior to his arrival:
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Executive Committee (2013-present)
- I-AAA Athletic Director’s Officer (2014-present)
- Vice Chair – Patriot League Committee on Athletic Administration (2014-present)
- Chair – Patriot League Women’s Lacrosse Committee (2013-present)
- Chair – MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration (2011-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Television and Marketing Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – MAAC Men’s Golf Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair – ACC Development Committee (2007-2009)
- Vice Chair – ACC Men’s Tennis Committee (2006-2010)
- National Association of Athletic Development Directors
- Executive Committee (2005-2010)
- Third Vice President (2007)
- Second Vice President (2008)
- First Vice President (2009)
While at Boston College, Paquette led numerous fundraising milestones for the school:
- Boston College secured more than $211 million in athletic fundraising commitments during his tenure.
- The Eagles secured $27 million for the Yawkey Athletics Center, making it the first building on campus to be 100 percent privately funded.
- Boston College Athletics raised the cash received by 750 percent from 1994 to 2009 and set fundraising records each and every year..
- Paquette was responsible for the leasing and management of Boston College’s 54 luxury suites, and he helped increase the annual suite revenue by 59 percent from 2004-2009.
Paquette and his wife, Erin have two sons, James and Brian, and the family lives in the Baltimore area.
Men's Soccer To Host Winter ID Camps December...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer program has announced that it will hold its...
Saag Named Director Of Operations For WomenR...
Loyola University Maryland head coach Joe Logan announced that Noah Saag will join the women̵...
Sanchez Saves Career-High Eight Shots, MSOC...
Despite a career-high eight saves from Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt...
Wears' Top-10 Finish Leads Golfers At Wolfpack ...
Junior Will Wears knocked in five-straight birdies through the back nine holes of the Wolfpack...
Egan Earns Diane Geppi-Aikens Service Award, 18...
Loyola University Maryland senior Cara Egan, a member of the women's swimming and diving team,...
American Comes To Ridley For Wednesday Night...
The Loyola University Maryland will host American Wednesday night in a Patriot League matchup at ...
Strong Serve-Receive Game Lifts Volleyball To...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had just one receiving error on 50 College of the Holy...
Egloff Leads Golfers After One Day Of Wolfpack ...
The Loyola University Maryland golf team put together a solid finish to the first round of a cold...
Friday, Oct 9 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Swimming & Diving American 5:00 PM Women's Volleyball at Bucknell 7:00 PM Live Stats Video
Saturday, Oct 10 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Boston University 1:00 PM Live Stats Live Video Women's Soccer at Lehigh 7:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Women's Lacrosse Florida & Virginia 11:00 AM Women's Tennis at Navy Blue & Gold Invitational 12:00 PM Women's Volleyball at Colgate 4:00 PM Live Stats Video
Swimming & Diving at American TBA Crew vs Navy Day Regatta All Day Sunday, Oct 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Navy Blue & Gold Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Lacrosse North Carolina 12:00 PM Monday, Oct 12 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Navy Blue & Gold Invitational 9:00 AM Wednesday, Oct 14 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball American 7:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Oct 16 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball at Navy 7:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Saturday, Oct 17 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Lehigh 7:00 PM Women's Soccer Army West Point 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Swimming & Diving Alumni Meet 4:00 PM Cross Country at Leopard Invitational All Day Crew vs Head of the Charles Regatta All Day Cross Country at Princeton Invitational All Day Sunday, Oct 18 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Crew vs Head of the Charles Regatta All Day Monday, Oct 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Maryland Invitational All Day Tuesday, Oct 20 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Drexel 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Golf vs Maryland Invitational All Day Wednesday, Oct 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Bucknell 7:00 PM Friday, Oct 23 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball Lafayette 7:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 24 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Army West Point 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Soccer at Colgate 5:00 PM Swimming & Diving Drexel 1:00 PM Swimming & Diving Lafayette 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball Lehigh 2:00 PM Live Stats Crew vs Head of the Schuylkill Regatta All Day Sunday, Oct 25 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Lacrosse Maryland, Denver & Penn 10:30 AM Wednesday, Oct 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Bucknell 7:00 PM Friday, Oct 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Swimming & Diving Boston College 5:00 PM Saturday, Oct 31 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Colgate 4:00 PM Women's Soccer Holy Cross 1:00 PM Live Stats Video Crew vs Head of the Occoquan Regatta All Day Cross Country at Patriot League Championships All Day Sunday, Nov 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Wendys Kiawah Classic All Day Monday, Nov 2 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Wendys Kiawah Classic All Day Tuesday, Nov 3 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer vs Patriot League Quarterfinals TBA Men's Golf vs Wendys Kiawah Classic All Day Thursday, Nov 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Basketball McGill 7:30 PM Live Stats Saturday, Nov 7 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Crew vs Frostbite Regatta All Day
Friday, Oct 2 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Tennis Lehigh Invitational 12:00 PM | Men's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Women's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Cross Country Paul Short Run Men: 33rd; Women: 32nd | Saturday, Oct 3 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer Lafayette T, 1-1 (2OT) Live Stats | Video Women's Soccer Boston University L, 4-1 Video
Live Stats |
Men's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Men's Tennis Lehigh Invitational 9:00 AM | Women's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Swimming & Diving Green vs. Grey -- | Women's Volleyball Army L, 3-0 Live Stats | Sunday, Oct 4 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Women's Tennis Mount St. Mary's Invitational Cancelled | Men's Tennis Lehigh Invitational 10:00 AM | Women's Lacrosse Ohio State & Temple 10:00 AM | Women's Volleyball Holy Cross W, 3-0 Live Stats | Monday, Oct 5 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Golf Wolfpack Fall Intercollegiate All Day | Live Scoring Tuesday, Oct 6 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Golf Wolfpack Fall Intercollegiate t7 of 16 | Live Scoring Wednesday, Oct 7 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer American L, 3-0 Live Stats | Video Friday, Oct 9 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Swimming & Diving American 5:00 PM | Women's Volleyball Bucknell 7:00 PM Live Stats Video